You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Immigration Policy in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 32>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2024 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Could ye not just burn down the hotel like other towns?

LOL

Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 3:13am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Whelo..what's the feeling up there after the far right goons turned up today?
It was a very calm and peaceful protest. All this talk of trouble fear mongering from local councillors turned out to be bollox. It's a disgrace instead of giving out about this protest the other parties wouldn't organise their own one. Actions speak louder then words.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 3:52am
From the video I saw, there were about 25-30 losers along with Landlord Pepper. It’d be interesting to see how many of them were actually from Drogheda.

(Stolen from Twitter) Never ask a man his salary, a woman her age, and a far right protestor if they’re actually from the town they’re protesting in.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 8:36am

I’m abroad at the moment so haven’t been around town the weekend so can only go on what family and friends are saying.

The local politicians despite releasing a statement giving out about 500 asylum seekers going into the D, also asked people to stay away from a protest organised by the far right.

The far left are trying to make there was nobody from drogheda at it. Which is obviously untrue as looking at the videos I see a number of people I recognise - though not many.

I think if the “main stream” local politicians organised the protest yesterday, you would have seen a massive crowd (like at water charge marches).

It’s like I’ve been saying a couple of years, the vast majority of the public have an issue with the amount of asylum seekers coming in now. However, the mainstream politicians and the media are making out you are racist if you voice genuine concerns. Who wants to be publicly accused of being racist?

Well played by political parties and the media.

It’s an absolute joke.

Votes will be lost over this. 

SF got 2 out of 5 Louth seats in last election, would’ve got another with the amount of transfers they could’ve given. But I think their immigration policy may hit their votes too.

But who’s to come in? There is definitely a niche in the market there for a new political party but it will depend on how much importance the public put on immigration when voting.
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 8:45am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

It was a very calm and peaceful protest. All this talk of trouble fear mongering from local councillors turned out to be bollox. It's a disgrace instead of giving out about this protest the other parties wouldn't organise their own one. Actions speak louder then words.

You and your kind are a bunch of sad racist b@stards! 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 9:26am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

100%. Bunch of Brexit loving Loyalist sympathisers.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 10:08am
Lads, can we tone down accusing people of being racist. He hasn't said anything racist.

The core group of agitators in Drogheda yesterday are racist.

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I've never once called for a Brexit for Ireland and it's because of policies like that I couldn't vote for the Irish freedom party. I'm hoping for change in the EU not the disintegration. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 1:27pm

I've never once called for a Brexit for Ireland and it's because of policies like that I couldn't vote for the Irish freedom party. I'm hoping for change in the EU not the disintegration. 
A calm and peaceful protest, led by Herman Kelly, supported by Ben Gilroy & Gavin Pepper.

Hermann Kelly - Nigel Farage’s campaign manager. Pro British facist. Lives in Belgium.

Ben Gilroy - Serial liar, claimed the girl in intensive care after the stabbing in Parnell Square was dead. Likes to smash hurls off plastic walls.

Gavin Pepper - Slum landlord. Most buildings he doesn’t own happen to catch fire shortly after he visits them.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 1:39pm
Say what you want about the people there but it was a peaceful protest. Lot's of scare mongering beforehand by the usual suspects. In fact there was arrests at another protest in Dublin but we won't get into that.

It's also because of people like you listed I wouldn't personally attend one of these but it's a betrayal from the rest of the councillors who complain about hotels being taken but they won't organise their own. Actions speak louder than words.

Edited by eireland - 18 Feb 2024 at 4:44pm
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 11:58pm

People have got banned for less…..
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 12:04am
I fired a warning earlier...that's enough I think 

Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 9:52am

so where you there yourself and are you from the area? 

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Mush Cassidys Donkey Mush Cassidys Donkey wrote:

so where you there yourself and are you from the area? 

Wasn't there myself and I wouldn't attend a protest setup by the far right. I'd attend one set up by the more mainstream councillors but they're all a bunch of two faced ****s.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2024 at 8:02am
The Taoiseach in the Dail asking Asylum seekers from safe countries currently in accommodation not to come here as there's around 1,000 and growing people now in tents or homeless. Is Leo far right? 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 9:38am
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-who-lost-passport-during-luxembourg-to-dublin-flight-jailed/a1558799692.html

"A Syrian man arrested at Dublin Airport after he “lost” his passport on a flight from Luxembourg has been jailed for two months. Dublin District Court heard that Ramzi Maruan, 31, came to Ireland for a better life, but gardaí established that he had previously turned up in Iceland and sought international protection in Bulgaria before coming here."

"Judge Treasa Kelly said she was sure he had identity documents or a passport when he boarded the plane in Luxembourg, but he had them no longer, and he was not the first man to do this."

"Sentencing, she said, “There has to be a deterrent; people cannot come into the country without their ID in those situations where they had ID leaving, and it seems they have lost it in the meantime.”

Article behind a pay wall so I got that information from a mirror article. If only the judges were enforcing our law's from the beginning we wouldn't have 1,000 refugees homeless, less hotel's taken away from tourists and at a huge cost to the tax payer. There are currently 2 other men detained and refused entry on similar offences. Hopefully a deportation order is enforced once the jail time has been served otherwise it's pointless sentencing

Well done judge Treasa Kelly Clap

Edited by eireland - 26 Feb 2024 at 9:48am
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 4:58pm
https://businessplus.ie/news/banty-mcenaney-refugees/

The article focusses on one family but it's just an indicator of how broken the overall system is. And the system being broken has very little to do with the poor folks seeking asylum and everything to do with government policy and lack of forethought, planning, and infrastructure. 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

https://businessplus.ie/news/banty-mcenaney-refugees/

The article focusses on one family but it's just an indicator of how broken the overall system is. And the system being broken has very little to do with the poor folks seeking asylum and everything to do with government policy and lack of forethought, planning, and infrastructure. 

f**k me, no wonder every hotel owner is jumping at it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 32>
  Share Topic