You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Immigration Policy in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Page not found

But if they are empty properties, what's the problem? That can surely only be positive

It's all properties. 
Young people are already finding it impossible to get houses
Surely this will only see less supply and higher prices?

“The department is seeking expressions of interest from property owners, private developers and building contractors who are interested in selling or leasing: existing properties/buildings in turnkey condition; existing properties that require upgrading/refurbishment/renovation.

Think it said on the radio that the properties they are looking for must sleep a minimum of 100 people or something? Only caught the end of it, so not 100 per cent certain? (And haven't read up on it yet either)
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Page not found

But if they are empty properties, what's the problem? That can surely only be positive

It's all properties. 

“The department is seeking expressions of interest from property owners, private developers and building contractors who are interested in selling or leasing: existing properties/buildings in turnkey condition; existing properties that require upgrading/refurbishment/renovation.

Think it said on the radio that the properties they are looking for must sleep a minimum of 100 people or something? Only caught the end of it, so not 100 per cent certain? (And haven't read up on it yet either)

Would make more sense alright.

Line in Indo article alludes to housing

However, the move comes at a time of unprecedented demand for homes on the private market amid a shortage of supply for buyers.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 3:06pm

Page not found

It's all properties. 

However, the move comes at a time of unprecedented demand for homes on the private market amid a shortage of supply for buyers.

Can't find any reference to the minimum number online. Maybe it was someone on radio saying it should be that it sleeps a minimum number of people. As I said, only got end of it so can't confirm 

There's actually very little detail online about it, so it is thin on the detail.

If you're right, it's a serious kick in the face for people unable to get on property ladder. They wouldn't be that thick, surely?
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 5:38pm

Page not found

It's all properties. 

Says here that building must accommodate a minimum of 150

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/fresh-drive-to-buy-up-properties-for-asylum-seekers-as-up-to-100-migrants-on-mount-st-told-no-beds-available/a2073617781.html
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 6:10pm
Every time they relocate lads from the tents to accommodation outside Dublin a number of them always leave and head back to Dublin. Can anyone explain this?
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Every time they relocate lads from the tents to accommodation outside Dublin a number of them always leave and head back to Dublin. Can anyone explain this?

Because they have appointments in the IPO
Danger here, OH NO
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Because they have appointments in the IPO
Do they bring their suitcases because they don't trust leaving them unattended? 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 7:27pm
They went to the new accommodation and some were told there was only room for one night. 

Another shambles from a Government who seem incapable of doing anything 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 7:51pm

They went to the new accommodation and some were told there was only room for one night. 

Another shambles from a Government who seem incapable of doing anything 
I read over 100 were told there's no accommodation today as well. Maybe those American bot accounts were onto something after all 😂
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Because personally I think he is ruining the site and I am not the only one to think so.  
+1

Close to losing all interest in this site at this stage. USed to be a 4/5 visit a day place, now a twice a week thing

You're on an irish football forum, if you have a problem with listening to other football supporters with different views to you on life, politics, TV, cars, etc I'd suggest sticking to the Irish football section.

Though, maybe you have a point - on the Irish football section , we had one person defaming one of irelads greatest players by fabricating a story saying he beats up women and the mods turning a blind eye a a couple of weeks ago Shocked
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 8:44am
Where was that Wheelo?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 9:05am

Because personally I think he is ruining the site and I am not the only one to think so.  
+1

Close to losing all interest in this site at this stage. USed to be a 4/5 visit a day place, now a twice a week thing

You're on an irish football forum, if you have a problem with listening to other football supporters with different views to you on life, politics, TV, cars, etc I'd suggest sticking to the Irish football section.

Though, maybe you have a point - on the Irish football section , we had one person defaming one of irelads greatest players by fabricating a story saying he beats up women and the mods turning a blind eye a a couple of weeks ago Shocked

To be fair, he really was not that far from the truth.

Edited by horsebox - 03 May 2024 at 9:05am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 9:10am
look at this scumbag. know this chap. a pure simpleton. be lucky to get 30 to 50 votes. this was a community event and he wasn't invited for obvious reasons.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 9:16am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

+1

To be fair, he really was not that far from the truth.

Wonder did that lead to him getting injured a few days later 😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 12:55pm

+1

Jon walters thread 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Mush Cassidys Donkey Mush Cassidys Donkey wrote:

look at this scumbag. know this chap. a pure simpleton. be lucky to get 30 to 50 votes. this was a community event and he wasn't invited for obvious reasons.

sounds very similar to someone I have the odd pint with on match days from your neck of the woods, baseball cap wearer and Harp drinkerShocked
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 1:59pm
Sounds like Justice putting on a country accent 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 4:00pm

Sounds like Justice putting on a country accent 

I didn't see your man walking down the road with a pair of knickers in his mouth or wearing a watch worth more than Algeria.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132>
  Share Topic