You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Immigration Policy in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 31>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 11:15am
At least half the posts on this thread are from one eejit who accuses someone else about getting defensive LOL
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 11:20am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Ok this shocked me. 4 in 5 people think immigration in general not just refugees is too high now. I personally would have just had an issue with the refugees not immigrants coming in legally to work. But you have to respect the will of the people. Something needs to change otherwise give it 2 elections the far right takes over. And by then Europe Will be far right led too.

Also the 2% voting too low are probably the nutjobs on here. 

f**king immigrant Doctors/nurses coming over here and saving lives! Get them out.

Does anybody have an issue with skilled migration? Or are you deliberately trying to conflate two entirely separate issues?

Would you expect that doctors and nurses make up a sizable portion of our net immigrants per year, or more likely a miniscule amount?
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 11:56am
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Ok this shocked me. 4 in 5 people think immigration in general not just refugees is too high now. I personally would have just had an issue with the refugees not immigrants coming in legally to work. But you have to respect the will of the people. Something needs to change otherwise give it 2 elections the far right takes over. And by then Europe Will be far right led too.

f**king immigrant Doctors/nurses coming over here and saving lives! Get them out.

Does anybody have an issue with skilled migration? Or are you deliberately trying to conflate two entirely separate issues?

Would you expect that doctors and nurses make up a sizable portion of our net immigrants per year, or more likely a miniscule amount?

Why are you attacking me? I hate immigrants like you too.

Hate when they serve me coffee, treat me for medical reasons and help me with my day to day living.

razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 12:03pm

Hate when they serve me coffee, treat me for medical reasons and help me with my day to day living.

You could at least stand behind your reasoning a bit and be less facetious.
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

You could at least stand behind your reasoning a bit and be less facetious.

Suppose the white immigrants are ok.

E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 12:18pm

I've not attacked you but i might have mistaken you for someone who has the capability to form a coherent thought or defend a position, or debate something in good faith and not be disingenuous in the extreme. My bad! Tongue

If you feel like answering the original question, which is where you've encountered opposition to skilled migration, or why you think anybody is against skilled migration? - which as you might know (if you've got one of those pesky brains, though clearly not LOL), is entirely different from what the majority of Irish people have an issue with.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 12:25pm
Agreed all for skilled migrants! Those immigrants working in the local Tesco can do one mind.  
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 12:36pm

Agreed all for skilled migrants! Those immigrants working in the local Tesco can do one mind.  

How many positions do Tesco have open? 
LOL

Just the 5163 International protection applications from Jan to March. So looking at over 20,000 applicants this year. 13277 from 2023. Add those figures to the over 100,000 Ukranians who have come since March 2022, the number of whom intend to stay permanently ncreases with each passing poll/survey.

There was me thinking that these were totally unsustainable numbers, supported by the lack of accommodation for asylum seekers and further on, lack of permanent accommodation in general. Supported by the incredible pressure on local services, and the colossal burden on the state in terms of welfare packages. 

Not to fear, Brendan sees a few immigrants working in Tesco so all is well. Don't have any concern or worries about anything! LOL

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 12:50pm
I ain’t reading all that.

I’m happy for you though.

Or sorry that happened.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 12:53pm

Or sorry that happened.

Too many big words, I understand. Enjoy your colouring book later!
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 12:54pm

Or sorry that happened.
LOL
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 1:51pm
@E3 your post makes an absolute mockery of their way of thinking. I too want a better life. I'm off to Australia to demand it (not work for it). 

@brendy you're not agreeing with me because I'm pro immigration. I'm also Pro zero refugee policy as we've now taken in 20 year's worth in 2 year's. 

@jamo
Oh that was such a gotcha moment. Unfortunately for you I don't trust the mainstream media because they'll pick the truths to focus on to suit their agenda. Doesn't mean they'll never say it as I've just proven by posting that poll. 

Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 5:21pm
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/laws-to-be-changed-to-stop-increased-number-of-asylum-seekers-coming-from-uk-via-northern-ireland-simon-harris-says/a326248230.html

When posters on here have suggested something similar to above, they're accused of being anti migration, racist, etc LOL

Some people are unable to distinguish between the obvious abuse of the asylum system by some versus the requirement to help genuine asylum seekers and to make it easier for those that want to enter and stay Ireland legally to work, etc 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 7:06pm

You're so defensive on this subject. Reminds me of the far left. Clearly government to blame. Tell me how does Denmark's health care system function with a zero refugee policy?

Would you ever give over about the far right and far left. You're like a broken record. Most people don't give a flying f**k about either.

Of course people want to see the immigration policy in the country properly sorted. Can't go on with the tented villages we have in Dublin. But people that constantly spout their thinly veiled racism  are spending too much on Twitter listening to dangerous nutjobs and it seems like the likes of yourself have been taken in by their dangerous rhetoric.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 7:32pm
That's the thing, people have concerns regarding immigration and want it resolved, its clearly an issue that needs addressing. There's been plenty on here who has voiced their concerns and haven't been labelled as far right/racist etc. As above, it's when you keep regurgitating the same sh*te that's peddled on SM by those who hijack the immigration issues to vent their own agenda, you lose all credit. Eirehead, you might not be like that but it comes across that way. 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 8:48pm
Does any other country offer free citizenship  to refugees? It's free in Ireland if granted asylum.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

You're so defensive on this subject. Reminds me of the far left. Clearly government to blame. Tell me how does Denmark's health care system function with a zero refugee policy?

Would you ever give over about the far right and far left. You're like a broken record. Most people don't give a flying f**k about either.

Of course people want to see the immigration policy in the country properly sorted. Can't go on with the tented villages we have in Dublin. But people that constantly spout their thinly veiled racism  are spending too much on Twitter listening to dangerous nutjobs and it seems like the likes of yourself have been taken in by their dangerous rhetoric.
If boy's can dish it out to me they can take it. 

For every comment about Gav and the boys I get you'll be getting one regarding the far right and left. It's genuinely hilarious seeing so many things I said need to happen and now they're starting to happen. The far right were right about one thing and that's immigration. They're wrong about almost everything else though. 

Still it's going to get worse as record numbers flood in. We need a zero refugee policy for the next 20 years to sort this mess and thereafter we need to do it rightly. Max 10k refugees a year and genuine refugees at that. The only exception is if there's a war in Europe. It makes sense for a country to take in exceptional numbers if your neighbours are war like we did with Ukraine or Turkey did with Syria. 

And before some Lula says it Ukraine borders the EU.

Kicking off down in Wicklow.

Edited by eireland - 25 Apr 2024 at 10:56pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 11:20pm
I was right again. Pay attention lefties.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 31>
  Share Topic