You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bottle deposit scheme i

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 10:18am
Because the referendum and its wording are being supported and pushed by the 3 government parties. I got a leaflet in the door but I'm none the wiser about why I should vote yes. And considering I am continously burned by this government by things that impact me, like the minimum unit alcohol prices, the recycling scheme, lack of investment in soccer infrastructure, nah I'm checked out on them and want someone else to have a go and until that time I will push in the different direction they want me to go in. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 10:26am
Basically the family in the Irish constitution only means a married couple with or without kids.  Do you want that changed to include people in committed relationships. I.e a couple who are not married with kids, are they a family.  

Second one is around carers.  The current status quo highlights the important role of women in the caring for their family.  This will change it to all people within the family not just women.  

It would be awful shame if the first one especially does not pass just because of an anti gov vote.  It will be ordinary men and women who will lose out and kids, not the politicians by a no vote to that one especially.  The second one is more debatable. I like Tom Clonan and he is voting no for his reasons and there is logic I to it as it’s far from perfect.  But it’s better that the current position. 

Edited by Baldrick - 29 Feb 2024 at 10:28am
AKA pedantic kunt
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Basically the family in the Irish constitution only means a married couple with or without kids.  Do you want that changed to include people in committed relationships. I.e a couple who are not married with kids, are they a family.  

Second one is around carers.  The current status quo highlights the important role of women in the caring for their family.  This will change it to all people within the family not just women.  

It would be awful shame if the first one especially does not pass just because of an anti gov vote.  It will be ordinary men and women who will lose out and kids, not the politicians by a no vote to that one especially.  The second one is more debatable. I like Tom Clonan and he is voting no for his reasons and there is logic I to it as it’s far from perfect.  But it’s better that the current position. 
I thought they were changing it to a woman’s place is in the recycling centre 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 10:34am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Ye fecking eejit LOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 10:35am

That is a lot clearer than the leaflet that came in the door, thanks!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 10:45am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Not arsed with this scheme. Havnt looked for any labels on drinks I’ve bought. I’ll take the 20c hit rather than all this drama

Just walked by some **** thumping the machine in disgust. When I walked by a second time it was out of order, I'll assume it was full. There is not much capacity in these things.

Shambles of a concept. Probably get a speeding and parking ticket to collect less than 3e
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 11:09am

Not arsed with this scheme. Havnt looked for any labels on drinks I’ve bought. I’ll take the 20c hit rather than all this drama
Same. Not worth the hassle. They can have my 20c tax. I buy very few plastic bottles anyway so couldn't give a rat's. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 12:57pm

LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 12:58pm

This is what I've done also.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 1:10pm
I just give mine to Chelsea who need bottle
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 6:33pm

LOL
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2024 at 3:00pm
10 bottles in today. Only 2 accepted. 

Multi pack bottles of water dont appear to have individual barcodes (the aul, not for individual sale) so what happens here lads? Will they go old to new with barcodes applied to them all?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 8:37pm
Have a bit more of a system at home now where the bottles/cans have their own basket in the utility room. The only issue is now is the smell from the empty beer cans. 
Little small hack is wrapping a bit of cling film over the top of the cans and that works. 
A bit of extra hassle though and extra use of plastic. Was a lot easier when they could just go straight into the green bin the next day.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 6:33am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Have a bit more of a system at home now where the bottles/cans have their own basket in the utility room. The only issue is now is the smell from the empty beer cans. 
Little small hack is wrapping a bit of cling film over the top of the cans and that works. 
A bit of extra hassle though and extra use of plastic. Was a lot easier when they could just go straight into the green bin the next day.

Just wash out the bottles and cans easy really . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 7:43am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

But then he wouldn’t be able to express his gripe with the DRS 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 7:54am
Ybig were lads are up in arms about about a bottle deposit scheme but something to do with family recognition and someone is told just get over it 😀😀😀.  Ybig Where you should moan about trivial nonsense but don’t date debate about something fundamental I.e your family.  

So lads in the spirit of the babbsballs, Wheelo and others, Just get over it and stop moaning as it is in.  😀😀😀 and wheelo the same with the so called ruination of Drogheda get over it.  

Edited by Baldrick - 13 Mar 2024 at 7:56am
AKA pedantic kunt
Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 8:08am

Ybig were lads are up in arms about about a bottle deposit scheme but something to do with family recognition and someone is told just get over it 😀😀😀.  Ybig Where you should moan about trivial nonsense but don’t date debate about something fundamental I.e your family.  

So lads in the spirit of the babbsballs, Wheelo and others, Just get over it and stop moaning as it is in.  😀😀😀 and wheelo the same with the so called ruination of Drogheda get over it.  

oh boy LOLLOLLOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

That doesn't fully work. There is still a bit it a stench. Unless you are using washing up liquid?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic