You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bottle deposit scheme i

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2024 at 1:36pm
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2024 at 5:00pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 9:06pm
Man in Dublin made over €100 putting a bottle into the machine and using a string to pull it back out. If word of this spreads are they going to need a redesign?

Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2024 at 2:56pm
Mrs was away for the weekend so decided to save all cans, bottles, etc since Wednesday.

Between myself and the 3 kids, we'd 2 big bags. A big effort by the kids not to crush them, put them in bag carefully, etc 

Drove to dunnes especially to get rid of them. The kids were disappointed with a whole 5 euro 70 cent to be split between the 3 of them and having to bring back nearly 1 bag of cans that didn't scan.

Won't be in a rush to do it again 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2024 at 5:59pm
A buddy of mine works in a big IT campus.The studentsls aren't too bothered with recycling of their cans and bottles. Some of the canteen staff are colecting them and making 100 quid a week to spend in Aldi. 
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2024 at 12:04am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

A buddy of mine works in a big IT campus.The studentsls aren't too bothered with recycling of their cans and bottles. Some of the canteen staff are colecting them and making 100 quid a week to spend in Aldi. 

666 bottles a week is to be applauded. And Rafa Benitez is to be applauded.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2024 at 4:56pm
The small bottles of fruit shoots that kids drink are too light, and the lid is heavier so it always tilts so they get refused. If they haven't been fully finished and there's dregs at the bottom the weight will keep it from tilting.
The caps are impossible to remove so i was trying to put water back into them which was taking forever, and then discovered if you squeezed an empty bottle into a glass of water it would suck up enough water.
I was a little bit too happy when I discovered this.

Jaysus having kids has made life so mundane. 
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic