FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beckham documentary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
foden1981 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 8:40pm
Alan Pardew says that James Ward Prowse is the new David Beckham. I agree he is every bit as good as Beckham.

Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Leave Becks alone, didn't he queue for hours to see Lizzys coffin and not a word about it to the media. All round good bloke.

A brilliantly crafted piece of PR for the Beckham brand. He seems to be rather whingey about not getting a knighthood.

Totally right . The guy is a friggin sociopath.

LOL
AKA pedantic kunt
foden1981 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 3:56pm

Leave Becks alone, didn't he queue for hours to see Lizzys coffin and not a word about it to the media. All round good bloke.

A brilliantly crafted piece of PR for the Beckham brand. He seems to be rather whingey about not getting a knighthood.

Totally right . The guy is a friggin sociopath.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 3:44pm

Of course I don't remember every detail of the match . But I have a great long term memory . I remember Dunphy and Giles slating beckhams performance and awaring scholes the match .I remeber Dunphy sarcastically saying that the press will be calling him King David after scoring that penalty even though he contributed nothing else to the match. I personaly thought butt was Englands best player . 

Now log into one of your other accounts and say you don't think Butt was any use in that match. 

For the craic like. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 3:44pm

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 3:00pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
foden1981 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Who gave away the penalty for Argentina 

Mauricio Pochettino for a foul on Michael Owen.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 2:02pm
Who gave away the penalty for Argentina 
AKA pedantic kunt
foden1981 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Did he not score a goal against spurs when they were one nil down on the last day of the season to start the comeback before Andy Cole scored.

Did he not score a last minute free kick to send England to the World Cup otherwise they were out.  

Did he not score a free kick against Columbia at the World Cup after being left out of the first two games 

Did he not supply the crosses for both goals in the champions league in injury time.  

Did he not score a penalty against Argentina at the World Cup 

But yeah he couldn’t perform under pressure.  
Clap

Never has a player got so much credit for taking 2 corners that eventually resulted in goals after the ball bouncing around the box . He took two corners that eventually resulted in goals but lets credit him instead of the guys who actually scored the goals Sheringham and solskjaer.

Yes he scored a penalty against Argentina but he was awful in the actual game .

Scholes and Butt were miles better than Beckham that day.

There’s no f**king wag you remember a game played
22 years ago so clearly!

Absolute spoofer you are.

Of course I don't remember every detail of the match . But I have a great long term memory . I remember Dunphy and Giles slating beckhams performance and awaring scholes the match .I remeber Dunphy sarcastically saying that the press will be calling him King David after scoring that penalty even though he contributed nothing else to the match. I personaly thought butt was Englands best player . 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 1:50pm

Did he not score a goal against spurs when they were one nil down on the last day of the season to start the comeback before Andy Cole scored.

Did he not score a last minute free kick to send England to the World Cup otherwise they were out.  

Did he not score a free kick against Columbia at the World Cup after being left out of the first two games 

Did he not supply the crosses for both goals in the champions league in injury time.  

Clap

Never has a player got so much credit for taking 2 corners that eventually resulted in goals after the ball bouncing around the box . He took two corners that eventually resulted in goals but lets credit him instead of the guys who actually scored the goals Sheringham and solskjaer.

There’s no f**king wag you remember a game played
22 years ago so clearly!

Absolute spoofer you are.
foden1981 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 12:28pm

Clap

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 12:15pm

To be clear, I mean under pressure from defenders rather than pressure situations.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 12:13pm

As Roy would say wasn't that his job?
I love beer gardens
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 12:08pm

Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 12:03pm

Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 11:52am

AKA pedantic kunt
foden1981 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 11:51am

Good grief. This thread.

A far from over rated footballer. He was under rated if anything. 
He was absolutely quality. Carried England for the majority of his caps. 

'ordinary footballers' don't do what he did vs Greece in 2001 for example. 

Christ you only have to watch back his highlight reel to see how good he was. 

No way was he underrated. Not a chance. His highlights reel wouldn’t show the general deficiencies in his game which were covered by his talent with the ball at his feet. And I’m not sure ‘carrying’ England is appropriate when he was part of an England setup that had a propensity for spectacular failure, starting with his red card against Argentina.

How would you rate Beckham?.

It’s complex. He had some world class attributes and other flaws. In combination that makes him a great player, but nowhere close to world class or underrated. I don’t think he was defensively strong, and he wasn’t able to play particularly well when under pressure. Some of his best goals you’ll notice were in circumstances where there was little pressure on him.

His character is also complex. He had a petulant streak which cost his team. He also had a distinct professionalism about him, but exceptions could be made. I do respect the fact that he probably forfeited years of his career in Europe for the sake of his marriage and family. I don’t respect how he can be a voice for the status quo.

I think he is just a complex character whose whole existence is influenced (at least in part) by the brand that surrounds him.

I also found his biggest short coming was when he came up against the big teams particularly for England that the defenders were able to nullify him and stop him from getting a cross in.

Robert Carlos was the first to really do it and shown how it could be done . Afterwards many top defenders followed suit and his influence became nullified for Man United and particularly for England in the major tournaments.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 11:36am

Good grief. This thread.

A far from over rated footballer. He was under rated if anything. 
He was absolutely quality. Carried England for the majority of his caps. 

'ordinary footballers' don't do what he did vs Greece in 2001 for example. 

Christ you only have to watch back his highlight reel to see how good he was. 

No way was he underrated. Not a chance. His highlights reel wouldn’t show the general deficiencies in his game which were covered by his talent with the ball at his feet. And I’m not sure ‘carrying’ England is appropriate when he was part of an England setup that had a propensity for spectacular failure, starting with his red card against Argentina.

How would you rate Beckham?.

It’s complex. He had some world class attributes and other flaws. In combination that makes him a great player, but nowhere close to world class or underrated. I don’t think he was defensively strong, and he wasn’t able to play particularly well when under pressure. Some of his best goals you’ll notice were in circumstances where there was little pressure on him.

His character is also complex. He had a petulant streak which cost his team. He also had a distinct professionalism about him, but exceptions could be made. I do respect the fact that he probably forfeited years of his career in Europe for the sake of his marriage and family. I don’t respect how he can be a voice for the status quo.

I think he is just a complex character whose whole existence is influenced (at least in part) by the brand that surrounds him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic