You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 430>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 12:06am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by DC96 DC96 wrote:

I have absolutely zero faith in the FAI to make a competent and sensible decision unfortunately, and given the stayaway CEO couldn't give less of a f**k, is in breach of FAI AND Government bailout rules re: his salary, and the organisation can't even pass basic governance reforms, I fully expect some tired, lazy "big name" appointment to be made. Someone who's so clearly past it as a manager, but people know and are within our budget, so Lennon, Hughton or Bruce probably.

Christ.

I completely agree with you

I think the opposite. They will completely overcomplicate the process and drag it out unnecessarily. They will probably struggle to agree on a suitable candidate and end up with an underwhelming name at the end of it. 
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 12:10am
Neil Warnock will appeal to some  (of low intellect)
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 12:16am
Luc Holtz? Joachim Low? Chris Coleman? Dick Advocaat? Herve Renard? Carlos Queiroz? Sombody who has been in the international game before.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Luc Holtz? Joachim Low? Chris Coleman? Dick Advocaat? Herve Renard? Carlos Queiroz? Sombody who has been in the international game before.
When I first glanced at your post I thought the first name was Lionel HutzLOL

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 12:32am

130 games and manager since 2010 with a win percentage of 23.85 % isn't bad for luc Holtz and Luxembourg.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 12:36am

Joachim Low? Do you think he wud stoop as low as us right now with the players he worked with!! I can just see him turning up at the 1st  training session and Matt Doherty takes 3 minutes to take a throw in down the line which goes off Knights back out for another throw in. Hed get into his Mercedes and have it away on his toes. 
I love beer gardens
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 12:47am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Joachim Low? Do you think he wud stoop as low as us right now with the players he worked with!! I can just see him turning up at the 1st  training session and Matt Doherty takes 3 minutes to take a throw in down the line which goes off Knights back out for another throw in. Hed get into his Mercedes and have it away on his toes. 

Bertie Vogts ended up managing Scotland. Those Germans like a challenge. If he could teach Doherty to cross a ball, we would all chip in and buy him a new S Class. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 12:53am
We could lure him over with scent extract from his ballsack sprayed around the stadium. The pheromones would work on him and he would be attracted to being in the stadium and not know why.

Edited by Trap junior - 22 Nov 2023 at 12:56am

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 12:53am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Low would be an unbelievable appointment. I don’t for a second believe it would ever happen. I just hope that we can go beyond some of the names out there like Bruce (who in 25 years of management has won two Championship play off finals, and nothing else), Keane who has not been ‘the gaffer’ for 12 years, or Lennon who is questionable under pressure. And, what unites Keane and Lennon is the fact they are free agents and I suspect not inundated with suitors.

Of the ‘journeymen’, Hughton would undoubtedly be the best option with relatively recent international and PL management experience. But I’d like to think there might be other options.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 1:21am
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Herve would just ride all the players wives and we'd have lads dropping out all over the place.

Do the wives not get a say in this. 
Would sincerely hope so but can still see it happening.

Not a hope in hell of getting Herve Renard.  He took a 75% pay cut when he left Saudia Arabia to take charge of the French Women's team who went to this summer's Women's World Cup and have a home Olympics next summer.  What deluded fool thinks Renard will walk out on that for us?

yeah I mean imagine leaving a job in women’s football for a job in men’s. MadnessLOL
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 1:29am
Whoever it is going to be I would hope it's a proven manager with experience managing at the top level. 
I personally want a manager in charge who takes no BS and makes us hard to beat. I do not want any more experiments in relation to managing the Irish senior team. 
The only way is up
Linzark View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linzark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 4:48am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

[QUOTE=Stickittotheman]Wouldn't be surprised if Chris Hughton becomes available after that result for Ghana today.

Is that result not a prime example as to why he’s not up to the Ireland job?

I know you’re only saying he’ll likely become available but personally think he should be avoided.
[/QUOTE

Replacing a failed international manager with a failed international manager might not be the way to go. Chris Coleman and Réne Havard are much better options. 

How about ex Leeds boss Josh Mersse ?
Linzark
Linzark View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linzark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 4:51am
Did anyone ever see Herve Renard as Prince Charming in Shrek 2 ?

It's a no from me.
Linzark
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 7:59am
bruce arena
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 8:16am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

bruce arena

We are more likely to have the Steve Bruce arena. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Linzark View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linzark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 8:39am
Jose Mourinho
Linzark
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 8:47am
Outside the box thinking ,, a good tactician Ralph Hasenhüttl
Getting old and intolerant
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

Outside the box thinking ,, a good tactician Ralph Hasenhüttl

Wouldn't have the money and he was a poor tactician. Never had a plan B in matches. He motivated the team well and had them playing a certain style. When this wasn't working there was no alternative...Two 9 nil defeats the proof in the pudding
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 430>
  Share Topic