Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 328329330331332 429>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 9:30am
Originally posted by DC96 DC96 wrote:

In an era where footballing standards, even amongst Pot 4 sides, have been elevated to the extent that even tiny minor tactical decisions can have huge ramifications, where managers need to be exceptionally aware of many aspects of the opposition and their own side such as style, tactics, preferred positions etc, with us facing a decade of footballing oblivion and six months of hapless searching, the idea the FAI and the irish fanbase could appoint and accept Roy Keane, a man with zero tactical managerial acumen, as manager, sums up precisely why we deserve absolutely nothing but abject misery for many years to come.

A fanbase stuck in the 90s, with delusions of grandeur miles above our actual ability, and the managerial choice is chosen entirely on "give em a kick up the arse" and of course, f**king Saipan 2002.

Jesus f**king wept, I'd have poked my eyes out at Lennon but I'm practically desperate for anything half as competent at this stage, as sh*te as he is he at least has experience, what a sh*tshow if true.

Not a single tactical or footballing justification as manager for such an appointment as Keane, I'd rather we saved the money and appointed a random YBIG member by raffle for every fixture.

I think tactics are over stated these days. Sometimes its simpler than that. If i watch a Moldova or any of the so called smaller nations they can just pass the ball to each other. They all seem technically comfortable, to an extent anyway. We never really look comfortable passing to each other. Why cant we just pass the ball????? Teams know this and just press up on us from the kickout. Inevitable we lose the ball a lot. Also we dont have any clinical finishers now either. When we had Robbie hed put away even half a chance. We dont have that now or for a long time. Add it all up and im not sure where we are at the minute. Stuck in limbo somewhere. 
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 9:32am
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 9:58am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

It's not Keane

I did think by yesterday evening this was a load of hot air and based on nothing more than the fact he was interviewed a few weeks ago.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 10:36am
So, do we think they have actually got someone lined up and approved by the board during the week? Or, are they in complete damage limitation mode and sweating beads at Abbotstown going through their roladex again?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

It's not Keane

I did think by yesterday evening this was a load of hot air and based on nothing more than the fact he was interviewed a few weeks ago.

There's no quotes or nuffinkLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

So, do we think they have actually got someone lined up and approved by the board during the week? Or, are they in complete damage limitation mode and sweating beads at Abbotstown going through their roladex again?

Hello Mr Warnock we've got a proposition for you....
I love beer gardens
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 10:51am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Hello Mr Warnock we've got a proposition for you....
There's a reporter doing an article somewhere as we speak...
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 10:54am
Marc Canham the last few weeks

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:06am

I wouldn’t rule it out. It’s extraordinary after almost 5 months that there is no appointment, and I don’t give them enough credit to believe that it’s they who are passing on candidates as unsuitable. My view is the pool is shallow of willing candidates, and that the preferred candidates have dragged their heels or categorically declined the job. I also don’t trust media reports nor do I place much heed in candidates who have flown kites about interest. The concern for me is that their backup plan is JOS and in reality there is no reason a deal cannot be concluded between them in short order. I think if that appointment occurs the FAI will have tough questions to answer.
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I wouldn’t rule it out. It’s extraordinary after almost 5 months that there is no appointment, and I don’t give them enough credit to believe that it’s they who are passing on candidates as unsuitable. My view is the pool is shallow of willing candidates, and that the preferred candidates have dragged their heels or categorically declined the job. I also don’t trust media reports nor do I place much heed in candidates who have flown kites about interest. The concern for me is that their backup plan is JOS and in reality there is no reason a deal cannot be concluded between them in short order. I think if that appointment occurs the FAI will have tough questions to answer.
My brother was saying he was listening to Off the Ball I think it was and they were saying that almost every manager contacted by journalists said they had no interest in the Ireland job.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:22am
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

My brother was saying he was listening to Off the Ball I think it was and they were saying that almost every manager contacted by journalists said they had no interest in the Ireland job.

There hardly ringing the managers themselves now are they.

Hello Roy this is Mr X from the Irish Sun.
How the fook did you get this number?
Are you interested in the Ireland job? 
Fook off you ***t.

Something alone those lines ya? Hardly
I love beer gardens
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:27am

That would be my take on it, to be honest. I think they have amplified their own struggles by nailing their flag to the mast with Carsley. Negotiations went south but they got too confident and ahead of themselves and made an announcement re April. They are now trying to buy a little time as they've come to the realisation that it's not as an attractive role as they first thought and panick mode has officially set it. Either that or they are going to play a blinder and pull a big shiny rabbit out of their little green hat sometime in April. 

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 29 Mar 2024 at 11:28am
ButtySugrue View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButtySugrue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:12pm
Solskjaer
Comhar, Cabhair, Cairdeas
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by ButtySugrue ButtySugrue wrote:

Solskjaer

Would love it
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:21pm

That would be my take on it, to be honest. I think they have amplified their own struggles by nailing their flag to the mast with Carsley. Negotiations went south but they got too confident and ahead of themselves and made an announcement re April. They are now trying to buy a little time as they've come to the realisation that it's not as an attractive role as they first thought and panick mode has officially set it. Either that or they are going to play a blinder and pull a big shiny rabbit out of their little green hat sometime in April. 

That's how I see it too. FAI interviewed initial candidates and ruled them out choosing Carsley as their no. 1 target, things didn't work out with him and now they can't go back to many of the original interviewees and now we are scrambling for someone because they've said April as a deadline. O'Shea is their backup option as they know he will accept it and won't mind knowing he wasn't first choice.

It's either that or they have played it so well all along and no leaks have gotten out but I find that hard to believe. When journalists have confirmed the likes of Lennon, Coleman, Carsley, Keane etc have all been interviewed I don't think they would be in the dark about who the secret man would be. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:24pm
All of those leaks about lads being interviewed have been after they have been ruled out.  So they are historical stories and the journalists are getting access to them when the train has left the station.  

Madness if the FAI have informed candidates they don’t have the job if they were on a wing and a prayer with their preferred candidate.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

All of those leaks about lads being interviewed have been after they have been ruled out.  So they are historical stories and the journalists are getting access to them when the train has left the station.  

Madness if the FAI have informed candidates they don’t have the job if they were on a wing and a prayer with their preferred candidate.  
Or, after speaking to those candidates they deemed them not to be the right fit regardless of how other negotiations went. Plus, if we're to believe that Coleman actually turned them down, as reported, who has actually been unsuccessful? Just Lennon? 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:55pm
From Dan McDonnells news letter this morning:

"There have been plenty of jokes about the significance of the Georgia-Greece playoff on Tuesday with Willy Sagnol and Gus Poyet on either side but there are sources claiming that senior FAI figures were following developments in the shootout in Tbilisi very closely in the minutes before kick-off in the Switzerland game. And the story goes that they didn’t necessarily get the result that they wanted."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 328329330331332 429>
  Share Topic