You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GAA Hurling
    Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 7:00pm
Great win for us today.

Hegarty and Casey who have been pivotal neither scoring today.

Glad league is over now and really looking forward to championship.

3 new managers in Munster so reckon it will be a hotbed. Fancy our chances again this year. Been incredible success last few years so each win is in bonus territory now.
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 9:32am
Aboy Deco, agreed. This might come back to bite me in the arse but more confident this year than last year with Lynch and Casey back as well as the likes of O'Neill, Coughlan, English pushing for starting slots. 

Think Clare will be on our heels again - might be Lohan's last year so they'll give it everything and think they'll get out of Munster. Last slot will be a dog fight. 

Leinster - hard to know where Galway are at as they didn't lift a finger in the league. They'll breeze out of Leinster as should Kilkenny. Toss up between the Dubs under MOD and Wexford for the last slot.

Can't wait - nothing beats the hurling championship.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 3:45pm
Some game wexford vs. Kilkenny. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 5:37pm
Can anyone give a summary of the state of play in the Leinster and Munster hurling championships?

How many go through, likely quarter finalists etc 
Benhur View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 6:25pm
leister.. Galway and Kilkenny leister final .. Dublin through to back door .... in Munter Clare v Limerick final and Tipp through to back door 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 8:51am
Absolute belter of a weekend in GAA, great matches in both sports across the country
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 9:33am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Aboy Deco, agreed. This might come back to bite me in the arse but more confident this year than last year with Lynch and Casey back as well as the likes of O'Neill, Coughlan, English pushing for starting slots. 

Think Clare will be on our heels again - might be Lohan's last year so they'll give it everything and think they'll get out of Munster. Last slot will be a dog fight. 

Leinster - hard to know where Galway are at as they didn't lift a finger in the league. They'll breeze out of Leinster as should Kilkenny. Toss up between the Dubs under MOD and Wexford for the last slot.

I nearly poxed us with this prediction but we are back in another Munster final agin' the Banner. Tickets will be like gold dust. Could fill Croker for it. Based on current form, you'd say it could be the second of three games between Clare and Limerick - the third will be the AI Final.

Tough for Cork who showed serious mettle this year. I think they will be a force for the next few years - decent manager and a conveyor belt of talent coming through. Expect their 20s to obliterate Offaly next weekend in the AI Final. Four point handicap is very soft. Ben O'Connor's last game before turning to rugby full time. 

Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 9:50am

I nearly poxed us with this prediction but we are back in another Munster final agin' the Banner. Tickets will be like gold dust. Could fill Croker for it. Based on current form, you'd say it could be the second of three games between Clare and Limerick - the third will be the AI Final.

Tough for Cork who showed serious mettle this year. I think they will be a force for the next few years - decent manager and a conveyor belt of talent coming through. Expect their 20s to obliterate Offaly next weekend in the AI Final. Four point handicap is very soft. Ben O'Connor's last game before turning to rugby full time. 

Didn’t you’s think that last year and then Kilkenny bet you out the gate by half time.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 1:43pm

Talk is will be in Cork either way a fantastic occasion. We looked well off pace this year (well off pace by our own standards). Lynch doesn’t look fit I’m not sure if he just on tender hooks since long lay off or is only building up. Great to see Hego get on ball yesterday and score a few. Whatever happens this year since as last and year before we are in bonus territory.
Unreal action everywhere yesterday would have been deserving of the red button on RTÉ of there was one.
Waterford were beat before the match was even played. Folk and media were totally forgetting Cahill history with Waterford players.
Roll on Munster final now and all Ireland series.
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 4:19pm
Good win for Waterford and will lift morale after 6 championship defeats in a row. We needed to stop the rot so that win will give a bit of hope looking to next year. Hopefully Davy Fitzgerald and selectors will learn from yesterday not to overcomplicate the game and keep good forwards like Dessie Hutchinson close to goal instead of having them way out the field.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 10:52pm
One of the best Munster championships ever and the final still to come. If there was a 60k stadium on the border you'd fill it for this. Hopefully another cracker. Leinster had quite the finished between the last two rounds also. 

Bonehead24 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonehead24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 1:32pm

I wouldn't fancy Clare to win a game of any sort in Croker. Think they put all eggs into the Munster basket and not sure they have the legs for wide open Croker. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Bonehead24 Bonehead24 wrote:

I wouldn't fancy Clare to win a game of any sort in Croker. Think they put all eggs into the Munster basket and not sure they have the legs for wide open Croker
Dimensions of Croke Park - 145 * 88 m
Dimensions of Cusack Park Ennis - 145 * 90m
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonehead24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I wouldn't fancy Clare to win a game of any sort in Croker. Think they put all eggs into the Munster basket and not sure they have the legs for wide open Croker
I stand corrected. There must be another reason they fill their togs in Croker so LOL
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 5:23pm

I stand corrected. There must be another reason they fill their togs in Croker so LOL
It's just pressure. They wouldn't have as much experience there as the likes of cork, tipp, Kilkenny, Dublin, Galway, Wexford and Limerick. 
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 9:26pm

Where did they win the 95 97 and 2013 finals and draw with galway in 2018?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonehead24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 11:06am
Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

Draw with Galway in 2018 LOL 3 wins in 28 years. They love it there
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 11:44am

Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

Draw with Galway in 2018 LOL 3 wins in 28 years. They love it there

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's more than 3 wins in 28 years given the semi finals where played there too.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic