You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

France Away - 7th September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2023 at 10:45pm
Don't think I've ever sweated as much as I just did on that metro back 
Sponsored Links

gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2023 at 10:47pm
Anyone singing about Kenny Putting On A Show at full time needs to give their heads a wobble. Idiots
Danger here, OH NO
Box2Box View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Box2Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2023 at 10:54pm
The Argentina and Messi chants while 2-0 down tonight were unbelievably embarrassing. They’ve made the last two World Cup finals and were muck… Listening to that was nearly as bad as watching the game 
MaximusGizmo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaximusGizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2023 at 10:54pm
no one in the "know" said that flags were going to be checked and that only "approved" flags were allowed in 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2023 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Are people starting central and then heading out or just heading straight out? Somewhere near stadium where you can drink cans sounds most appealing to me. 

He lives!

LOL. Jaysus. I did tell the person who gave it to me, I’m not supposed to drink vodka (for good reason).
At least I made it back to my apartment and not a Paris police cell! 

Because I put you in an Uber. I found you on the street with a lovely french lad who was trying his best to help. The pullatron is back!
trClap
Quality 😂
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2023 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by MaximusGizmo MaximusGizmo wrote:

no one in the "know" said that flags were going to be checked and that only "approved" flags were allowed in 
Don’t worry. You’ll get a paid explanation soon or maybe not.
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 12:47am
Taking the Metro to be closer to the away end, that really worked. The detour round the whole stadium including crossing a bridge over one of city's main motorways was just French police being arseholes. I've bit of a disabled right foot and it didn't make the night any more enjoyable. But that's minor to other more disabled and older fans, especially in that heat. To put the tin lid on it, they cancelled services on line 4, which my hotel is on. Some rigmarole getting back in the end. I can do without drawing France again for a while.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 10:56am
This was my first away in ages and ya know what, it was great. Maybe it's being older and wiser but this idea of the Parisiens being dickheads needs looked at. Great time, people were lovely, some great food and never felt ripped off. 4 Euro a glass of wine in Corcorans, deadly. Football, well, let's not get into that.

@AntrimMan85
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 11:11am

Almost had a small plain tricolour took off me, as it wasn't on the "approved list". Absolutely embarrassing. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 11:39am
Originally posted by TheFieldsOfAthenry TheFieldsOfAthenry wrote:

Almost had a small plain tricolour took off me, as it wasn't on the "approved list". Absolutely embarrassing. 

Jesus - they never even checked mine though took the suncream off us 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 11:44am

This was my first away in ages and ya know what, it was great. Maybe it's being older and wiser but this idea of the Parisiens being dickheads needs looked at. Great time, people were lovely, some great food and never felt ripped off. 4 Euro a glass of wine in Corcorans, deadly. Football, well, let's not get into that.

Have to agree - thoroughly enjoyed the  trip and seen some friends old and new including yourself AM 

Parc de princes much better than stade de France 

Pricey but enjoyable football aside 

Weather was cracking 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 1:16pm
After missing my flight homeDead
 Rolling back the years here
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 1:31pm
The videos on the fairelandfans page on Instagram are the cringiest I've seen at an away in a long long time. Lads going all out to go viralEmbarrassed
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 1:46pm

Great to hear a bit of positivity post away day instead of some of the usual crying that goes on 
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Conor Messi Conor Messi wrote:

I've a flight home tomorrow with Vueling 09:10 you can have that if you wish to pay for the name change.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Conor Messi Conor Messi wrote:

Outa CDG ? Funny I forgot how big it was and woukd of got here a bit earlier in hindsight 
lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

The videos on the fairelandfans page on Instagram are the cringiest I've seen at an away in a long long time. Lads going all out to go viralEmbarrassed

Just watched, not a great watch at that
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 4:21pm
I'm flying back from Orly now in an hour so all good. Sound anyway 👍
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142>
  Share Topic