You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finn Azaz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 9:35am
Yes. Jim Crawford said at the time that he had been available for Ireland the whole campaign, and Azaz had been flying the previous season in League 2, but he just never picked him before the Israel game.

It will be interesting to see if Villa give him a go in pre season next year. If not he'll go to the Championship off the back of his League 1 form this year.
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 9:46am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Yes. Jim Crawford said at the time that he had been available for Ireland the whole campaign, and Azaz had been flying the previous season in League 2, but he just never picked him before the Israel game.

It will be interesting to see if Villa give him a go in pre season next year. If not he'll go to the Championship off the back of his League 1 form this year.

He's 23 in September. Wonder if someone in the Championship could coax him across this window? Otherwise, surely he will leave permanently in summer. 
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 10:50am
I think he will be in the Villa first team squad next season. He should be involved with our senior squad by June. I know he is playing in L1 but a fair few of our team was last year & seems to be playing better than most of them were at that stage. Is someone who can receive the ball between the lines which we are crying out for.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 12:03pm
What makes you think he will be in Villa’s first team next season? He’s 22 so not exactly an up and coming talent, doing well in L1 is miles off EPL standard! Villa will likely spend a lot of money in the Summer like every EPL side.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

What makes you think he will be in Villa’s first team next season? He’s 22 so not exactly an up and coming talent, doing well in L1 is miles off EPL standard! Villa will likely spend a lot of money in the Summer like every EPL side.

Yeah, he should resign himself to a non-league career. 22 and only pulling up trees in League 1, hopeless!
We're decent enough..
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Yeah, he should resign himself to a non-league career. 22 and only pulling up trees in League 1, hopeless!

Another weird comment from yourself you silly f**k! A move to a Championship club or even a move to Plymouth if they get promoted would be good for us.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He's 23 in September. Wonder if someone in the Championship could coax him across this window? Otherwise, surely he will leave permanently in summer. 

According to the Athletic he's out of contract in the summer but that would mean he only signed a one year deal when he joined in 2021 because he signed a contract extension before joining Plymouth.

If he is out of contract will be interesting if he signs a new deal or looks to go somewhere he can settle down at for a few seasons. He'll be 23 come September and if he does commit to Villa they'll likely send him out to a championship team for another loan.

In great form this season but the only player off the top of my head that's went from league one to PL was Dele Alli but he was 18 when Spurs signed him.

Edited by J89 - 22 Jan 2023 at 2:25pm
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Would like to see Azaz behind Obafemi and Ferguson tried in a friendly

I had the same thought earlier today. We are a player like Azaz short in the midfield. Him and Moran are our great white hopes in that position. I think Molumby and Cullen are bankers at this stage personally. 

I don't like Evan in a 2 though long term. I think a 433 with him as the tip of the spear is the way to go. We just have no wingers. I would hope that Zefi Becomes our hope out left in a couple of years.

Ah yeah agreed. Nothing will happen with Moran and Zefi til after this campaign I reckon. I would def call up Azaz. There are quite a few that we need to get shot of. Lets see if Kenny has the balls

Think Azaz is the one in the near future! Likes of Zefi and Moran look talented but they are kids that need to come through and develop their game in the next 3/4 years! Azaz is 22yo with experience and flying through the Leagues! 

Will be with a Championship club next year or if he wants to go into Europe like Cullen will get a similar quality move at worst! Looks the more immediate solution!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 12:31pm

Another weird comment from yourself you silly f**k! A move to a Championship club or even a move to Plymouth if they get promoted would be good for us.

Nice bit of personal abuse there Thumbs Up
We're decent enough..
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 12:33pm

Think he will get a move better than Plymouth next year if he keeps his form up and that’s no slight on Plymouth! He has a similar profile to Matt O’Riley who moved to Celtic or Twine who moved to Burnley! Be very excited to see where he goes next summer if he keeps his form up! No reason why he won’t bar injury of course!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 12:37pm

Cry more 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 12:43pm
Plymouth manager has confirmed that the recall clause in his loan has expired so will be at Plymouth for the rest of the season.

If he didn't get injured when he did would have been interesting to see whether Villa would have looked to see whether they could have got him a championship loan for the rest of the season.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 1:01pm

Before calling abuse, maybe read the post instead. There’s a huge difference in league 1 to the premier league 
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 1:11pm

Has been improving the last couple of seasons. From L2 last season to top of L1 this season where he has been a standout performer. If he keeps improving there is no reason why he could not step up again. 22 is no age.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Before calling abuse, maybe read the post instead. There’s a huge difference in league 1 to the premier league 
Sure Daniel Crowley was playing rubbish for a poor Birmingham team and people were saying he should be in the Irish setup just because he was playing in the Championship. Jack Byrne looked great at League One level for Oldham as well. People are so impetuous about these things, give it another few weeks and it'll be Jack Taylor.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 22 Jan 2023 at 1:20pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Or maybe just acknowledge the personal abuse? Attacking the poster is against forum rules, is it not?
We're decent enough..
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 8:50pm
Scores today.. decent finish
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 9:46pm
Here is the goal. I have said it before about him I know it’s only League 1 but he does seem to have a bit of quality/magic about him. 

Such a composed finish makes it look easy. 

Edited by kevin100 - 11 Feb 2023 at 9:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
  Share Topic