You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 212>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 9:23am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

[QUOTE=eireland]https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1768707110127190176?t=DiWMsXSziaWB57rTBqx8aw&s=19

Former Russia president and Putin side kick calling Latvia a bunch of Nazis while claiming it's not even a real country. In the name of peace and saving lives Latvia should hand it's territory over to Russia.
[/QUOTE
Sorry who is this as a source? Some dude off twitter?
Are you incapable of looking up Dimitri Medvedev's official twitter account yourself? This man is Putin's inner circle I'm surprised you don't already follow him.
Again I have no interest in getting into the weeds of this sh*t. But I don't think it has any bearing  on the current situation in Ukraine tbf
It does because it exposes Russians true intentions. They still want to conquer everything. 

Does it though? Ir does it show one man's opinion.  Would you not find anti Russian, commy opinion in washington for instance and in the necon world. Or in the UK conservatives who still.dream of the empire.

No different here

Putin said he has no interest in a wider war

Edited by OohAah... - 16 Mar 2024 at 9:23am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 9:40am
OohAah, that’s underselling who that one man is and how is opinion influences things. And I’m surprised given your general scepticism regarding the war that you’d take Putin’s word at face value. 
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

OohAah, that’s underselling who that one man is and how is opinion influences things. And I’m surprised given your general scepticism regarding the war that you’d take Putin’s word at face value. 
To be fair Putin did say he doesn't want a wider war . He also said Russia had no intention of invading Ukraine 😉
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 12:50pm
I'm just wary of using people's opinions off twitter as backing up any narrative. Twitter is full of people.spputong and it changes not and doesn't actually reveal anything behind a curtain
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 1:10pm

I'm just wary of using people's opinions off twitter as backing up any narrative. Twitter is full of people.spputong and it changes not and doesn't actually reveal anything behind a curtain
Yeah except this is the one guy who held the presidency during Putin's stay in power. He trusted him with it and that he'd change the constitution so Putin could get back in. This guy is in Putin's inner circle. 
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 1:13pm
yeah but I've deliberately stayed away from sharing tweets as a reference here as you can always find something to suit an argument 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 1:13pm

A lot of posts on twitter are opinion and narrative. Medvedev is politically exposed to the situation. He is ‘behind the curtain’ and has been the bulldog (if you can believe that) from the Kremlin’s point of view.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 1:17pm
so your suggesting they are going after Latvia now ?

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 1:19pm
its just typical one sided believing here.

Non Russian expansionist tweets or opinions won't be shared as quickly here 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 1:24pm

Are Ukraine looking to expand beyond their borders?
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 1:43pm

Again I'll ask do you think they are lining up an invasion of Latvia here?

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 1:50pm

Again I'll ask do you think they are lining up an invasion of Latvia here?

I’ve heard nothing about. So I’d assume not. But I’ve not engaged on that point. My point has been about Medvedev, and his view go beyond opinion or narrative. He is directly exposed to the Kremlin and Putin and vice-versa. My point is about his comments this week about the road to ‘peace’ which basically encompassed giving Russia everything and they’ll withdraw.

Edited by Het-field - 16 Mar 2024 at 1:51pm
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 2:14pm
yeah but you can guarantee there's neo con voices in the vicinity of the white house. It doesn't necessarily equate to foreign policy but wouldn't rule it out. It's no less scary
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 2:18pm

yeah but you can guarantee there's neo con voices in the vicinity of the white house. It doesn't necessarily equate to foreign policy but wouldn't rule it out. It's no less scary

But those ‘neo-con’ voices aren’t at play the way Medvedev’s is in Russia. I’m not sure how pointing at the US here is relevant?
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 2:22pm
cos it's just pulling out quotes that suit an argument. Can bet neocon voices have influence in the states

But glad to see the argument has moved beyond one evil.man called putin has holding all the power
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 2:23pm

cos it's just pulling out quotes that suit an argument. Can bet neocon voices have influence in the states

But glad to see the argument has moved beyond one evil.man called putin has holding all the power

No, it’s not pulling out quotes. It’s quoting a key individual who holds significant power and sway in Russia. Nobody has said it’s just Putin. Although he certainly hold the power, as President.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 6:51pm

They've always wanted it but that Evil entity known as NATO is preventing it. 

Also stop blabbering about twitter. It's straight from the horses mouth. 

I love these incursions because it means Russia damages it's own territory. 

Edited by eireland - 16 Mar 2024 at 7:00pm
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 10:43pm

They've always wanted it but that Evil entity known as NATO is preventing it. 

Also stop blabbering about twitter. It's straight from the horses mouth. 

I love these incursions because it means Russia damages it's own territory. 

Ah great another twitter link to back up an argument.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 212>
  Share Topic