You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Evan Ferguson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 149150151152153 159>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 11:01am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Yeah I've been called a space cadet and a clown by this poster on a few occasions. He is living in an alternative reality where all Irish players are tearing up the Premier League. The problem with our fans and our media, is as soon as they big someone up, it goes pear shaped very quickly. Look at the rugby lads, Joe Molloy talking about World Cup semi finals a year before a ball is kicked and they failed again, it's embarrassing and unhelpful. Evan Ferguson linked with a £120m transfer to Arsenal and goes 20 games without a goal. Nathan Collins is being found out weekly. We don't handle these tags well. 

You blew your top completely unreasonably and refuse to acknowledge it. An acknowledgement of your over reaction would be the decent thing to do, but clearly you have little of that. Instead you double down on some looney narrative that I deserve to be abused because I posted that continually being substituted on 60 minutes is unlikely to be helping Ferguson's form. 

I will continue to repeat that until you accept that that was the reason you launched into your tirade against me.

Do you not get bored of arguing with grown men on a football forum? I said he was whipped on 60 minutes because he barely touched the ball in the match. He has been given ample opportunities in the previous league games as De Zerbi is desperate for him to get that goal. Yeah I probably overreacted, I'm not interested in arguing with people. You also need to admit that you are far too defensive about Irish players form. It's also a growing problem in our media, in particular the social media accounts. Everything is overhyped. The Northern Irish fans are even laughing at us, we are not producing the world beaters people would have you believe and every other country is producing as good if not better players than us.

Look, I'll finish here, but you're proving my point about many posters on here just using the forum as a means to vent regarding their own biases. You've got some sort of societal issue with "the media", "Joe Molloy", etc being positive about Irish sportspeople because it leads to  "Northern Irish fans laughing at us" - and in an impotent rage you're taking it out on me for having the temerity to suggest that Ferguson's form is not being aided by a rotation-mad manager.

I genuinely feel sad for you, I can't imagine how grim life must be if you spend your time worrying about what Joe Molloy is saying and, Jesus wept, what Northern Ireland fans are laughing about! Are you so allergic to happiness that the only way to maintain your sanity is to convince yourself that everything is as sh*t as it could possibly be, and that every country in the world is producing players "just as good if not better" than Ferguson LOL

I've a great life, thank you very much LOL

I'm not worried about what they say, I'm just backing up my point that our media completely overreact to everything, it is totally unhelpful. I'm not negative about Irish players, I've been criticised for being quite the opposite in the past! All I said was Ferguson was whipped on 60 and is in horrendous form but you are too deluded to accept that going 20 games without a goal isn't a worry. Keep on dreaming pal LOL

Now I'm off to listen to Radiohead and throw darts at my Evan Ferguson poster.......

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 11 Mar 2024 at 11:02am
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Sponsored Links

razzmatazaz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 11:08am
People go on about rotation not helping Evan and froth at the mouth in an impotent rage about "De Spoofer" favouring "Joao Peno" yet Joao Pedro has scored more goals in less starts than Evan! Imagine that. De Zerbi literally gives Evan three consecutive starts [75, full 90, 60] and they still complain he's not giving him enough minutes. And if he kept playing him for the full ninety in every game you know fully well people would be saying he's playing him too much and needs to rest his young body. The concept that a manager should keep playing someone when they've been playing poorly for four months just to satisfy Irish fans is quantifiably absurd anyway. And he has been playing poorly. Even in the games he scored in against Fulham and Nottingham Forest, he was quiet in the former and poor apart from the goal in the latter. I'd know because I actually remember watching those games. I didn't just look at the ticker on BBC or watch a stream of his goal and decide he played well off that.

People absolutely seething every time Joao Pedro scores a goal and calling him selfish because he has the nerve to actually touch the ball more than 9 or 10 times a game and score goals consistently. Frothing at the mouth that they haven't had an opportunity in four months to make gloating comments about "Ferguson going on loan to Luton".

Adebayo has 9 in 13 starts and Morris has 8 in 21 starts for them BTW so as much as people laugh at the supposed absurdity of that, there's no guarantee that Ferguson would start every week for them based on present form.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 11:11am
Anyway how's Evan getting Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Not good LOL
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Razors left peg View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razors left peg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 11:28am

Being linked with a move to Port Vale LOL
Dont argue with stupid people, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Razors left peg Razors left peg wrote:

Being linked with a move to Port Vale LOL

Or even worse Burnley. 
AKA pedantic kunt
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 11:35am
I think we're all worried he's going to end up like every other player we bigged up who turned out to be nothing special. We haven't had a top player in a long long time, we finally thought we had one and and now he hasn't scored for 20 games and isn't involved in matched at all. Even Northern Ireland have Bradley tearing it up for Liverpool and we still have no one. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 11:37am
Should Ferguson start up front against Belgium.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Should Ferguson start up front against Belgium.  
Yes, regardless of his recent poor form, you can always see him being a threat and unlike Brighton, we should be basing our attack around him. We're not exactly flush in that department either. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 11:44am
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

I think we're all worried he's going to end up like every other player we bigged up who turned out to be nothing special. We haven't had a top player in a long long time, we finally thought we had one and and now he hasn't scored for 20 games and isn't involved in matched at all. Even Northern Ireland have Bradley tearing it up for Liverpool and we still have no one. 

Yes, Conor Bradley has done more in these last 6 weeks than Ferguson ever has - what silly Paddies we were to think we had a special striker, if only we were more like our loyal brethren to the north and waited for our saviour to come along in the form of a right-back who has played 6 league games for Liverpool.

Edited by The O'Shea - 11 Mar 2024 at 11:44am
We're decent enough..
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 11:45am
Nobody knows if Ferguson will return to form, or is headed on the same trajectory as Connolly et al. His confidence is shot, would have thought an extended rest would be better at the moment. Cue Evan to score in his next match and YBIG has him back at 150m rating!
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Nobody knows if Ferguson will return to form, or is headed on the same trajectory as Connolly et al. His confidence is shot, would have thought an extended rest would be better at the moment. Cue Evan to score in his next match and YBIG has him back at 150m rating!

Ferguson and Connolly are very different situations. 

Connolly scored 8 goals in total for Brighton. Most of them after turning 20. 

Ferguson has already scored 16 goals as a teenager.

He's simply out of form. A bad spell. He'll likely return to a good level in the long term. Maybe he won't be the next Haaland like predicted a few months ago. But he should still become a PL level ST.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

He's simply out of form. A bad spell. He'll likely return to a good level in the long term. Maybe he won't be the next Haaland like predicted a few months ago. But he should still become a PL level ST.

Funnily enough, Haaland went goalless in his first 16 games playing for Bryne in the Norwegian 2nd division. If he was Irish, there'd probably be posters still using this as a justification for him "not being as good as he's hyped up to be".
We're decent enough..
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 1:05pm

Funnily enough, Haaland went goalless in his first 16 games playing for Bryne in the Norwegian 2nd division. If he was Irish, there'd probably be posters still using this as a justification for him "not being as good as he's hyped up to be".

Haaland was 15 years old for most of that season tbf. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 1:10pm

He was 16/17 over the course of that season, but it's immaterial. I'm not arguing that it means Haaland is a bad player, I'm saying that if the best striker in the world can have a barren spell in the Norwegian 2nd division without it having a long term effect on him, then Ferguson can have a barren spell in the best league in the world without it meaning he's less of a player.
We're decent enough..
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 1:21pm

He was 16/17 over the course of that season, but it's immaterial. I'm not arguing that it means Haaland is a bad player, I'm saying that if the best striker in the world can have a barren spell in the Norwegian 2nd division without it having a long term effect on him, then Ferguson can have a barren spell in the best league in the world without it meaning he's less of a player.

He wasn't. He was 15 for 9 of those 16 games. And he only started 4 of those 16 games.

Ferguson is 19 year old senior international with a reasonable amount of experience under his belt. There's no reason why he can't eventually regain his confidence and form. But I wouldn't compare it with Haaland at Byrne.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 1:26pm
Every player isn't the same O'Shea. For all these examples of "he's scored more than Haaland or Kane had at that age", there are also players who's career started in a blaze of goals and promise and they didn't fulfil this. 

No-one knows what will happen. He's a great prospect in a poor bit of form recently, but overall his club aren't going well so i'm sure it'll only be temporary. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 1:31pm
I'd be curious to know what are the expectations are here? He's scored 6 goals this season which would of made him Irelands top goal scorer in quite a few seasons in the PL and he's only 19. I know his age gets thrown about a lot, but it's still a hugely significant factor in all of this. 

To put things into perspective, 16 goals is the most scored by any Irish player in the PL and that was Robbie Keane at his peak almost 20 years ago. On top of that, only a further 3 Irish players ever have managed double figures in the PL. Kevin Doyle with 13 in a freak season for him, Shane Long once with 10 goals and the other is Niall Quinn. So the last player to hit double figures was Long in 15/16 season and he scored 4 more than Ferguson has now. In fact, there's been may seasons were Ogbenes 3 goals, to date, would have him being close to the top Irish goal scorer in the PL.  

I'm not saying he hasn't been poor recently but all the pressure on him seems to be coming from an Irish perspective and not from Brighton fans. The hype and hypothetical price tags slapped on him has done him no favours but I think we need to curb our expectations a little. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 149150151152153 159>
  Share Topic