You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 10:15am
That explains why Down are so sh*te

Anyone know why they're bottom of the table?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

That explains why Down are so sh*te

Anyone know why they're bottom of the table?
Some counties got absolutely screwed by the GAA. Downs population 500k and Antrim 650k. Yet neither got funding any close to proportionate to Dublin. But then again nobody did. Just look at Cork. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Great result for Louth u20s last night going to parnell park and beating Dublin by 4 points to reach the leinster u20 final

The should really cut the funding for Louth and give other teams a chance.
If anything Louth are an example that you can grow your teams with just the funding you are getting. The funding argument is an easy go to for the counties that are under performing but it not the only thing that needs improving imo (picture below is 2023 funding)

Probably shouldn't look too much into this theory until Louth beat Dublin at senior level. Could happen this year you never know ๐Ÿ˜‚

The argument with dublins funding has been that they can use it to employ extra coaches etc at school and club level so this should see their underage teams continuing to dominate at underage levels but this doesn't seem to be the example 

As I've mentioned multiple times before, in my own junior club we employed a GDO for a few years. It was matched funding so we had to raise half and the county board/GAA contributed the other half. Every club was at it to keep up. Was this scheme not offered nationwide?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Great result for Louth u20s last night going to parnell park and beating Dublin by 4 points to reach the leinster u20 final

The should really cut the funding for Louth and give other teams a chance.
If anything Louth are an example that you can grow your teams with just the funding you are getting. The funding argument is an easy go to for the counties that are under performing but it not the only thing that needs improving imo (picture below is 2023 funding)

Probably shouldn't look too much into this theory until Louth beat Dublin at senior level. Could happen this year you never know ๐Ÿ˜‚

The argument with dublins funding has been that they can use it to employ extra coaches etc at school and club level so this should see their underage teams continuing to dominate at underage levels but this doesn't seem to be the example 

As I've mentioned multiple times before, in my own junior club we employed a GDO for a few years. It was matched funding so we had to raise half and the county board/GAA contributed the other half. Every club was at it to keep up. Was this scheme not offered nationwide?

Wouldn't have a clue if was offered nationwide or not know my club a junior club here in Donegal and didn't have anything like that in place but definitely wouldn't use my club as an example of what was happening in the whole county we been lucky to field senior teams in the last 10 years ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 8:18pm
Fair play ro tg4 for their continued support of the underage competitions they are showing 3 games live tonight via their YouTube channels 

When sky pulled out I'd hoped they would get some of the coverage of the senior championship but it went to gaago instead 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 5:32pm
21,000 today for the two Leinster semis. Obviously the large Louth support from last year got the memo. It's a shame really because Louth beating Kildare in a Leinster semi should be an historic result but nobody cares because Dublin will just butcher them unless they park the bus for damage control.

It's clear as Day even Dublin fans don't attend and if the season ticket holders didn't need an attendance record there would be even less. I think at this point no Leinster match should be in croker until the final. It's also clear as Day Dublin shouldn't be playing this competition anymore. it would be like Galway hurlers competing for the Connaught hurling championship. 

Imagine if it was a Offaly V Louth final. You'd have 40-50k, a great atmosphere and huge celebrations after.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 6:22pm
Donโ€™t know if my heart can cope with the final after that today, jesus christ
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 6:44pm
Ref gave an awful lot of soft frees. 
I love beer gardens
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Christ that was a nail biter today thought we were off the boil in 1st half and poor discipline cost us with tyrone getting 4 or 5 scores from frees in that half. I'd say mcguinness gave them a right chewing at half time because the intensity rose dramatically in the 2nd half and then fitness told in extra time

I've just seen the stats from the game and they tell a different story altogether and if we had our scoring boots on would of been a different story with us kicking 15 wides and another 8 shots either short or blocked 

Last point I'd make is it was great seeing the supporters out in force today was 14471 in celtic park and I'd not be over estimating if I said 12000 of them most of been from donegal. I couldn't believe how poor the tyrone support was today not sure if any of the tyrone lads on here can give an idea into why their support numbers have fallen dramatically 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 10:28pm
great game to watch I thought. Tyrone defended really well and were very clinical when chances came. We were uncharacteristically poor in front of goal. A real off day for Mc Brearty and Gallen wasn't great. Great point at the death from the former. Thought the two ODonnells, Mogan and Mc Gee really stepped up even things were going against us. Mattie Donnelly was MOTM for me. We couldn't get to grips with him when he got going. Hope I can get a ticket for the final now!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 10:49pm
McShane was poor for Tyrone and McCurry was quiet 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 11:56pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 11:52am

Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Christ that was a nail biter today thought we were off the boil in 1st half and poor discipline cost us with tyrone getting 4 or 5 scores from frees in that half. I'd say mcguinness gave them a right chewing at half time because the intensity rose dramatically in the 2nd half and then fitness told in extra time

I've just seen the stats from the game and they tell a different story altogether and if we had our scoring boots on would of been a different story with us kicking 15 wides and another 8 shots either short or blocked 

Last point I'd make is it was great seeing the supporters out in force today was 14471 in celtic park and I'd not be over estimating if I said 12000 of them most of been from donegal. I couldn't believe how poor the tyrone support was today not sure if any of the tyrone lads on here can give an idea into why their support numbers have fallen dramatically 

yeah the support was unreal I couldn't get over the amount of Donegal that was there, I know there's a huge buzz in the county again after how bad things got last year so it's great to see the support and I think it had a factor in getting the players over the line. The roar when McCole equalised was unreal. Final tickets will be hard got now 

In terms of discipline there was some poor tackling but there were a couple of frees given by the ref that I thought weren't even soft, they were just bad decisions. We got one or two that way too but obviously I noticed way more that were given to Tyrone LOL In fairness he kept his cards in his pocket 

Shooting boots were definitely missing, first half especially and the chances were landing with players you'd want to take on the shots. McBrearty, Gallen, Thompson, O'Baoill all had bad misses and in my opinion not under huge huge pressure from Tyrone when they missed them. Tyrone though are just such a sticky outfit and some real quality players. Mattie Donnelly was my MOTM as well @thebronze we couldn't get a handle on him at all although Shane O'Donnell seemed to pick him up more in the 2nd half and that seemed to quieten him a bit

Thought the O'Donnells and Jason McGee were fantastic for us 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

McShane was poor for Tyrone and McCurry was quiet 
Canavan too didn't hurt us as much as he could have (what a player though) - testament to the Donegal full back line I thought they all did a great job, Curran and McCole especially

I do think McShane gave Moore a bit of trouble in the first half especially, without scoring, and I hope Moore learns from it as I think Armagh forwards will punish him a lot more than McShane did
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 3:37pm
Interesting draw for the sam maguire group stage 

Group One Galway/Mayo (winners) Donegal/Armagh (losers) Derry Westmeath Group Two Dublin/Louth (winners) Galway/Mayo (losers) Roscommon Cavan Group Three Donegal/Armagh (winners) Clare/Kerry (losers) Tyrone Cork Group Four Kerry/Clare (winners) Dublin/Louth (losers) Monaghan Meath

So Donegals reward for reaching the ulster final will be to play at least 1 team they have already beaten this year. If they win ulster play tyrone at home 1st then away to Cork the following weekend really isn't much reward for winning a provincial final anyway. Like Mayo and Galway both must be thinking we be better off not winning connaught after seeing that draw 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 3:39pm
Didn't realise there was a group stage but that's a tasty draw. I like the format now with league, provincials providing qualification for this. The Tailteann has been a success the last 2 year's too.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 3:46pm
Rough one for the Connaught winners right enough! Dublin must have picked that draw themselves.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 4:03pm
This competition just gets stupider and stupider. Why would they do the draw now!? Why the f**k would you want to win Connacht after that?! LOL
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115>
  Share Topic