Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jonathan Hill Gone as FAI CEO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 28>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 11:41am
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

This impacts the operations of the FAI greatly. I assume this means a pivot in terms of priority to finding a new CEO, before a Senior Manager. I might be wrong, and it may be that the decision has already been made, and we’re just waiting an announcement, but I think this will almost certainly kick back the manager search, which in turn makes JOS continuing as interim a more likely prospect.

If they actually do have their man and were gonna do a presser towards the end of this week surely this wouldn't impact it, like it's not as if they can say to the new manager keep your powder dry for another few months and we'll announce you after we get a new CEO.

Or could they.........

I take your point, and Wanderer’s. But if the emperor has no clothes, and the managerial search is not over they will need to try and negotiate with a departing CEO. I’m fundamentally working from a view that there is not somebody lined up. I’m hopeful I’m wrong, and even more hopeful that ‘somebody’ is a decent appointment.
Sponsored Links

Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 11:44am

Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

This impacts the operations of the FAI greatly. I assume this means a pivot in terms of priority to finding a new CEO, before a Senior Manager. I might be wrong, and it may be that the decision has already been made, and we’re just waiting an announcement, but I think this will almost certainly kick back the manager search, which in turn makes JOS continuing as interim a more likely prospect.

If they actually do have their man and were gonna do a presser towards the end of this week surely this wouldn't impact it, like it's not as if they can say to the new manager keep your powder dry for another few months and we'll announce you after we get a new CEO.

Or could they.........

I take your point, and Wanderer’s. But if the emperor has no clothes, and the managerial search is not over they will need to try and negotiate with a departing CEO. I’m fundamentally working from a view that there is not somebody lined up. I’m hopeful I’m wrong, and even more hopeful that ‘somebody’ is a decent appointment.

Hill had weathered a few storms, a sponsor finally arrived recently, the wages thing, you'd have to suspect this news today is new manager shambles related as things stand.
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 11:45am
Hamburger Hill.
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 11:53am
The Oireachtas Sport Committee really mauled him over a very trivial matter.  Like a pack of hyenas feasting on a recent kill.  The Oireachtas Committee called JD to it in 2015.  Allegedly, he contacted them all and they left him off. If he was nabbed then, we wouldn't be in situation now. I contacted the CEO of Sport Ireland at the time who was to meet me and the reneged.  Whatever you might think of Hill, he was completely mauled when in actual fact, the Committee should have been discussing the 15 year plan.   
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 11:57am
Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

The Oireachtas Sport Committee really mauled him over a very trivial matter.  Like a pack of hyenas feasting on a recent kill.  The Oireachtas Committee called JD to it in 2015.  Allegedly, he contacted them all and they left him off. If he was nabbed then, we wouldn't be in situation now. I contacted the CEO of Sport Ireland at the time who was to meet me and the reneged.  Whatever you might think of Hill, he was completely mauled when in actual fact, the Committee should have been discussing the 15 year plan.   

Hello Jonathan
They've only gone and done it
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:02pm
Has this anything to do with the managerial search being a sh*tshow also?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:03pm

Irrespective if they "mauled" him or not, the matter in question should firstly never had happened and secondly, been swiftly dealt with. The fact it even reached the Oireachtas and was discussed at length reflects badly on one person and one person only.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:08pm

You need to be lilly white now or you'll be out the door.

Hill didn;t voluntarily pay back that money until he was questioned on it afaik

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:11pm
On paper, this should have zero to do with the new manager. These Professionals should be able to their job professionally until end of contract thats why they are on the big money. Also the job was farmed out to Marc Canham again so has nothing to do with new CEO. At most all he has to do is sign a contract.

"on paper "
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:16pm
Bring back John Delaney, all is forgiven!  
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:18pm
I hear Don Jelaney is the front runner 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:21pm
To me, the timing suggests there is a link with the manager farce 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

I would doubt it (Just my opinion) - Writing been on the wall since the oireachtas committee. Seemed like just a matter of when he would go.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I would doubt it (Just my opinion) - Writing been on the wall since the oireachtas committee. Seemed like just a matter of when he would go.

Wasn't it reported that he didn't get pushed out at the last board meeting because they wanted to finalise the senior manager situation first?

Either they have or John O'Shea gets announced as interim for June and they focus on getting a new CEO.

Edited by J89 - 15 Apr 2024 at 12:30pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:29pm
Why do they announce he is leaving the same week and just before they announce the new manager (supposedly!)?

He leaves April 30th.  They could easily announce it Monday 22nd April after the manager has been announced.  Seems a bit odd to me.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Wasn't it reported that he didn't get pushed out at the last board meeting because they wanted to finalise the senior manager situation first?

Either they have or John O'Shea gets announced as interim for June and they focus on getting a new CEO.

That would make sense
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:38pm
I would say the management farce would not have gone down too well with the board members and given everything else that has happened, Hill probably just said feck this ill go before I'm pushed. Leaving at end of the month rather than right away would suggest he maybe lined up another role in a new company and is serving out his notice period.

Edited by t_rAndy - 15 Apr 2024 at 12:39pm
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:39pm
Again " On Paper" the manager should have nothing to do with the CEO. The CEO should be i ncharge of the business and football much bigger than the senior managers job. This harks back to the CEO being the king maker wrt to the managers job and they are days none of us want to go back to

Football is ungovernable in this country
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 28>
  Share Topic