Jonathan Hill Gone as FAI CEO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

To me, the timing suggests there is a link with the manager farce 
I would doubt it (Just my opinion) - Writing been on the wall since the oireachtas committee. Seemed like just a matter of when he would go.

Why didn't he go at last board meeting a few weeks ago,?

My thinking is he hung in because he promised the delivery of a good manager.

Because he wasn't pushed at that board meeting. As commented by somebody else, board probably wanted to new manager search finalised before pushing him.

OR

its possible

Hill updated them they still dont have anybody for the job and that was the last straw

Both plausible 
Sponsored Links

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 1:28pm
I'd say he knew himself after the last board meeting that there's a good chance he would be gone after the managerial process, it was reported as such. The latest farce with appointing a manager could of made it an easier decision or certainly wouldn't of helped his cause. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

I would doubt it (Just my opinion) - Writing been on the wall since the oireachtas committee. Seemed like just a matter of when he would go.

Because he wasn't pushed at that board meeting. As commented by somebody else, board probably wanted to new manager search finalised before pushing him.

OR

its possible

Hill updated them they still dont have anybody for the job and that was the last straw

That's my strong assumption. Statement sets out his "achievements" . No mention of imminent appointment of a manager. Statement is notably silent on that
Why would he mention a manager that hasn't been announced yet.
That'd just lead to more questions as to why a manager wasn't announced first.

Wouldn't pay much attention to that myself seeing as journalists are still reporting that announcement is due this week 

My own view would be that the last board meeting wasn't a ringing endorsement for him, stay on till the manager search is done. That appears to be done if not nearly done, then Hill steps down.

He's only hanging on for another 2 weeks which by notice periods isn't alot at all

Edited by wanderer - 15 Apr 2024 at 1:10pm
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

OR

its possible

That's my strong assumption. Statement sets out his "achievements" . No mention of imminent appointment of a manager. Statement is notably silent on that

Well the manager appointment job was on Canham, he's the voice of that. 
So I wouldn't read as much into it being lacking on the statement as you do.

If it is that then Canham & Bonner are in trouble here too. 
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 1:00pm
he wont find an easier 200k a year gig than that. a clown who hadnt a notion what he was at
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 1:00pm

OR

its possible

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:55pm

OR

its possible

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Mark Tighe reporting that David Courell the FAIs chief operating officer is in line to become the interim CEO

David Koresh more like

Survivors of 1993 Waco siege describe what happened in fire that ended the  51-day standoff - ABC News

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:49pm
Mark Tighe reporting that David Courell the FAIs chief operating officer is in line to become the interim CEO
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:44pm

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:42pm

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:39pm
Again " On Paper" the manager should have nothing to do with the CEO. The CEO should be i ncharge of the business and football much bigger than the senior managers job. This harks back to the CEO being the king maker wrt to the managers job and they are days none of us want to go back to

Football is ungovernable in this country
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:38pm
I would say the management farce would not have gone down too well with the board members and given everything else that has happened, Hill probably just said feck this ill go before I'm pushed. Leaving at end of the month rather than right away would suggest he maybe lined up another role in a new company and is serving out his notice period.

Edited by t_rAndy - 15 Apr 2024 at 12:39pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Wasn't it reported that he didn't get pushed out at the last board meeting because they wanted to finalise the senior manager situation first?

Either they have or John O'Shea gets announced as interim for June and they focus on getting a new CEO.

That would make sense
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:29pm
Why do they announce he is leaving the same week and just before they announce the new manager (supposedly!)?

He leaves April 30th.  They could easily announce it Monday 22nd April after the manager has been announced.  Seems a bit odd to me.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:29pm

To me, the timing suggests there is a link with the manager farceĀ 

Wasn't it reported that he didn't get pushed out at the last board meeting because they wanted to finalise the senior manager situation first?

Either they have or John O'Shea gets announced as interim for June and they focus on getting a new CEO.

Edited by J89 - 15 Apr 2024 at 12:30pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:24pm

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 12:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
  Share Topic