You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA football 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 56>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 1:51pm
Mayo are on their late NFL style bully pulpit
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 1:19pm
I think, to be fair to connacht football, you could have 3 potential champions at this stage.

I don't think that can be said for any other province at the moment. Donegal, kerry and Dublin all odds on to be in the semi finals

Looking forward to this. Could go any way 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Cork are a totally unknown quantity going into today

I expect they'll either be crushed or explode into life and win

They have the potential for either
Remember seeing them against Dublin in the Super 8s a couple of years ago and they give them a right game for 60 minutes. Don't seem to have kicked on much. If there's a day to make their mark though it's today
Not as if they have had much chance to, they've been in Division 3 this year

This is their first real chance since the Super 8s last year to show if they've made progress
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 12:51pm

Remember seeing them against Dublin in the Super 8s a couple of years ago and they give them a right game for 60 minutes. Don't seem to have kicked on much. If there's a day to make their mark though it's today
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 12:16pm

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

So it's Connacht V Munster, Leinster v Ulster in the football semi's in December, I can see Kerry winning this Covid AI, if Donegal win Ulster which they should they could cope Dublin leaving Kerry to pick up some easy silverware like the League that's if these Cork Langers don't get there fingers out today and try and play football 
I'm guessing what you really mean is to beat Kerry rather than "play football". Anyone who's seen Cork play in the past few years knows that our problem has been playing too much football. Were level with Kerry, Dublin and Tyrone in the last 10 mns last season but didn't close it out. Really need to tighten up at the back and get a bit more defnesive to turn those positions into wins. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Looks like another cruise into the All Ireland final for the Dubs... really  only Mayo or Kerry that have any chance of stopping them. Going to a lot of one-sided games over the next few weeks
How did you get tickets?
 Now that the American election is over Sid is trying to be the new PM

America doesn't have a PM, it has a President

If you're referring to Ireland, we have a Taoiseach
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 10:50am

Looks like another cruise into the All Ireland final for the Dubs... really  only Mayo or Kerry that have any chance of stopping them. Going to a lot of one-sided games over the next few weeks
How did you get tickets?
 Now that the American election is over Sid is trying to be the new PM

Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 9:58am
So it's Connacht V Munster, Leinster v Ulster in the football semi's in December, I can see Kerry winning this Covid AI, if Donegal win Ulster which they should they could cope Dublin leaving Kerry to pick up some easy silverware like the League that's if these Cork Langers don't get there fingers out today and try and play football 
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 2:59am

How did you get tickets?

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 2:58am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Wait until they get Wicklow in the final, our first Leinster title is coming home 💪
Could be a mountain to climb, or several
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 10:39pm

Wait until they get Wicklow in the final, our first Leinster title is coming home 💪
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 7:22pm

Yes it will be either a Dublin V Kerry/Mayo/Galway All Ireland for 2020

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 07 Nov 2020 at 7:22pm
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 7:19pm
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 6:05pm
Westmeath to cause an upset on Sky in ten minutes.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 5:00pm
I think the leagues are important anyways, but it could be given more importance alright. Condidering the bulk of football is in the league.

But that format above is ridiculous 

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Christ, there have been some seriously bonkers formats in GAA competition in the past. Here's another

I don't know why it's so difficult to come up with a normal, straight forward, fair format
I would love the leagues to be the more important. Have them home and away and then keep Provincials but have straight knockout championship incorporating the provincials and run it off quickly like this year. Probably wouldn't work though
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 3:29pm
Tipp have beaten Limerick 1-15 to 2-11 after extra-time and are into the Munster final

We again narrowly miss out on the first ever penalty shoot out in the championship

Conor Sweeney of Tipp pointed a Maurice Fitzgerald style sideline ball to level the game with almost the last kick of normal time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 56>
  Share Topic