You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Wales TICKETS thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 37>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 10:47am
How many tickets could 3 customers get on their pre sale?
Sponsored Links

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 10:57am
4 and I think they were only offered premium

Edited by Missy - 18 Jan 2017 at 10:58am
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:49am
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

How many tickets could 3 customers get on their pre sale?

3.......one each
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Italy away in Bari the tickets were 7 euro....not a hope the home fans were charged that.

I would say the Austrians had to pay more than the 25 quid we were charged too.

Pretty sure tickets in Bari were ten euro.  Same for home fans behind the other goal.

I've never heard of a case where Irish away fans were charged less than home fans for the equivalent seats.  I'd be shocked if this was ever the case.  There are plenty of cases of us paying more than the home fans including Cardiff 2007.  Many others have done it including Cyprus and Macedonia (big differences that spring to mind).  It is against FIFA rules but doesn't seem to be enforced.  We have never done it. 

Yeah, Bari was a tenner but I think I paid €20 in Macedonia.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 2:27pm
What exactly do people want

SFA refuse to give us extra tickets for an unsold out game.     Blame FAI

FAI limit FAW tickets for a game in Dublin that will be a sell out.   FAI are in wrong

Which is it

Shoul the host nation refuse tickets or not to the visitors

Then ticket prices

2007. FAW charge us 35/pounds a ticket as against home fans a tenner

2016. FAI charge Welsh fans the same price as Irish fans and the FAI are shafting the Welsh fans

The bank inconsistencies are laughable

The actual allocation of tickets is completely speerate to this
I know nothing :-)
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 2:32pm
I don't think anybody complained about the amount of tickets we received from the SFA for the Scotland game. The issue is with how the tickets we received were allocated.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 2:35pm
SFA did noting wrong ,it was the FAI who f**ked over the fans.
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

What exactly do people want

SFA refuse to give us extra tickets for an unsold out game.     Blame FAI

FAI limit FAW tickets for a game in Dublin that will be a sell out.   FAI are in wrong

Which is it

Shoul the host nation refuse tickets or not to the visitors

Then ticket prices

2007. FAW charge us 35/pounds a ticket as against home fans a tenner

2016. FAI charge Welsh fans the same price as Irish fans and the FAI are shafting the Welsh fans

The bank inconsistencies are laughable

The actual allocation of tickets is completely speerate to this

Can you not read? Nobody cares about not getting extra tickets from the SFA, that wasn't the issue. The issue was obviously the tickets not being allocated fairly. In fact nobody having a clue how or who the tickets were allocated to was the problem.
Here we go again
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 2:55pm
1) The distribution of the allocation by the FAI was the problem, not the allocation received.

2) FAI are in the wrong if, and only if, there is a limit to the amount of tickets received in return, which looks unlikely. If not, then good negotiating. They seem to have done well here, tbh.

3) The FAW should not have shafted us. That is deplorable. The FAW deserve condemnation for discriminatory treatment.

4) The Welsh fans can piss off. They voted for Brexit as a country and the tickets are 20% more expensive as a result. Not our fault. They are paying full home prices; it's not our fault Dublin is more expensive. You can fault the overall ticket prices if you want, but that's a separate point from faulting the FAI for screwing Welsh fans, which they aren't doing. The FAI are not being discriminatory.

Incidentally, I don't see that many posters actually making the contradictory points you point out. Some make one point, some make the other, and you conflate their views to call them contradictory. It's not; this is a discussion forum, not a unified front. It might show that it is impossible to please all of the people all of the time; as someone who is among some of the people who are pleased all of the time by the FAI, at least when tickets are concerned, it might be hard to see that.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 18 Jan 2017 at 2:57pm
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

1) The distribution of the allocation by the FAI was the problem, not the allocation received.

2) FAI are in the wrong if, and only if, there is a limit to the amount of tickets received in return, which looks unlikely. If not, then good negotiating. They seem to have done well here, tbh.

3) The FAW should not have shafted us. That is deplorable. The FAW deserve condemnation for discriminatory treatment.

4) The Welsh fans can piss off. They voted for Brexit as a country and the tickets are 20% more expensive as a result. Not our fault. They are paying full home prices; it's not our fault Dublin is more expensive. You can fault the overall ticket prices if you want, but that's a separate point from faulting the FAI for screwing Welsh fans, which they aren't doing. The FAI are not being discriminatory.

Incidentally, I don't see that many posters actually making the contradictory points you point out. Some make one point, some make the other, and you conflate their views to call them contradictory. It's not; this is a discussion forum, not a unified front. It might show that it is impossible to please all of the people all of the time; as someone who is among some of the people who are pleased all of the time by the FAI, at least when tickets are concerned, it might be hard to see that.

Yes its a small number of posters its just the balme FAI mentally of some.

No one is defending how the Glasgow tickets were distributed and its a bit boring at this stage. Since then we have had several sell out away trips and all have been ditstrbuted reasonably fairly.

The poinys I make are that it was OK for the SFA to restrict us to tickets for an unsold out game and certain people seem to have no issue with that and then say we shafted the Welsh by not giving then more tickets for a game we will sell out and we have already givent them probably an extra 1000/more than we had to

Then others suggesting we should sell tickets cheaper to the Welsh than our own fans

As for ewfwnsing the FAI I'd love to know what they have done wrong here

I know nothing :-)
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:11pm
The away ticket system has not been tested since Scotland away. 

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:21pm
"All we can do is distribute our tickets as best as we can: through our supporters' clubs, through our clubs, through our affiliates."

No mention of direct distribution.

Lovely.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:22pm

"All we can do is distribute our tickets as best as we can: through our supporters' clubs, through our clubs, through our affiliates."

Lovely.

I thought the exact same thing.

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:38pm

Lovely.
Disgrace.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Lovely.

Disgrace.

No surprise there lads jog along as gf wants us all to do.😡
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Austria France Belgium Bosnia the system is well tested
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Austria France Belgium Bosnia the system is well tested

Nope, I wouldn't have said so.
Firstly, for France we got allocated far more tickets than the normal number of away travellers.
For Bosnia, the numbers actually travelling were more or less covered with the allocation - Certainly, bar one or two on here I don't recall seeing too many who intended to travel that ended up doing so without a ticket. And Austria was a similar situation : Although the allocation was over-subscribed, there was again enough for all regular travellers to be covered and to also cover others. Again, I don't know of too many regulars who travelled to Vienna without a ticket and also don't know of too many over there who were left without.
For Wales, it could easily be the most over-subscribed game since Glasgow so that's where the system will be properly tested. 
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 5:30pm
Exactly, let's wait and see how the 40% of the 3,500 gets allocated in October. 

This is the first real test of the FAI's allocation system since the s**tshow that was the distribution of tickets to randomers in Glasgow. 

It's only 1,400 tickets for "independent supporters who are members of Republic of Ireland Soccer Supporter Clubs and Fans' Direct". 

If it's a game to seal WC qualification, demand could be twenty times that. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 37>
  Share Topic