You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best City in America

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Poll Question: Pick a City
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [14.29%]
4 [9.52%]
2 [4.76%]
0 [0.00%]
10 [23.81%]
1 [2.38%]
11 [26.19%]
8 [19.05%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Africa?! All of it?!

Jaysus, Muff.

Now, I've never been, but you shouldn't let the fact there is violence in parts of it at the minute put you off the whole place. If Americans all had an attitude like that, they'd never visit Northern Ireland.

Morocco, Egypt, South Africa, Tunisia, and plenty more besides.... there's loads of great places, or at the very least potentially great places.

It's nothing to do with violence. Where did you get that idea?

There isn't a country in Africa that I have any interest in going to just like there isn't in Central/South America.

Would you not like to see an African Elephant or a Lion in it's natural setting, what about the Pyramids would you not like to see them and marvel at how in earth the where made (Aliens btw)

If I was arsed going to South Africa, it would be to Kruger Park as I love wildlife but not enough to go to the country.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 4:11pm

Africa?! All of it?!

Jaysus, Muff.

Now, I've never been, but you shouldn't let the fact there is violence in parts of it at the minute put you off the whole place. If Americans all had an attitude like that, they'd never visit Northern Ireland.

Morocco, Egypt, South Africa, Tunisia, and plenty more besides.... there's loads of great places, or at the very least potentially great places.

There isn't a country in Africa that I have any interest in going to just like there isn't in Central/South America.

I didn't know what the reason was. I was guessing that it wasn't flight distance (Australia, maybe even South America) but I couldn't see any obvious reason why you wouldn't want to go to at least one of them in Africa. There are loads, and such a variety. The plains of the Serengeti and the wildlife there, safaris in the Gambia, Table Mountain and Cape Town in South Africa, the pyramids and the Great Sphinx in Egypt, the history in Tunisia and Morocco.... and that's only off the top of my head. I just don't see how you can write off a whole continent. North Africa is pretty close and as easy to get to as most of Europe, with direct Ryanair flights to Morocco.

I think it's very short sighted to write off a whole continent, is all.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 07 Dec 2016 at 4:14pm
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 4:13pm

How on earth am I being ignorant?!  Confused

I'm stating a preference that I've no wish to visit these places. It would be different if I posted that they were sh*tholes and there was nothing worth seeing but I didn't. There simply isn't enough of an appeal that would make me want to visit them.

Being open minded has got nothing to do with it as I think I am pretty open minded in general.

So you've read about these places, and nothing appeals to you enough to make you want to visit?

You must not be that interested in travelling, which is fair enough. 

Because there are just so many places of interest in both Central and South that I'd encourage you to read more about them, assuming you've read about them already.

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 4:13pm
You would have no interest in visiting the Amazon jungle (without a shadow of a doubt the most amazing place I have ever been in my life)? The salt flats or 'death road' in Bolivia? Lake Titicaca or Machu Picchu in Peru (if only for the name...)? Chile's Atacama desert or Andes mountain range? The Galapagos islands off the coast of Ecuador? Patagonia in Southern Argentina? That's before you even get in to amazing cities like Buenos Aires or Rio.

I mean, fair enough if the answer is 'no' to all of the above, but it is a simply beautiful and unique part of the earth.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 4:17pm

Africa?! All of it?!

Jaysus, Muff.

I didn't know what the reason was. I was guessing that it wasn't flight distance (Australia, maybe even South America) but I couldn't see any obvious reason why you wouldn't want to go to at least one of them. There are loads, and such a variety. The plains of the Serengeti and the wildlife there, safaris in the Gambia, Table Mountain and Cape Town in South Africa, the pyramids and the Great Sphinx in Egypt, the history in Tunisia and Morocco.... and that's only off the top of my head. I just don't see how you can write off a whole continent.

None of these features that you've listed are enough to make me want to visit any part of Africa. It's as simple as that. I've always wanted to visit Italy and will do so next year as there are things there that appeal to me more thus enough to make the effort of going specifically for that purpose.

It's just a preference. There's no debate here.

Edited by irishmufc - 07 Dec 2016 at 4:17pm
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

You would have no interest in visiting the Amazon jungle (without a shadow of a doubt the most amazing place I have ever been in my life)? The salt flats or 'death road' in Bolivia? Lake Titicaca or Machu Picchu in Peru (if only for the name...)? Chile's Atacama desert or Andes mountain range? The Galapagos islands off the coast of Ecuador? Patagonia in Southern Argentina? That's before you even get in to amazing cities like Buenos Aires or Rio.

I mean, fair enough if the answer is 'no' to all of the above, but it is a simply beautiful and unique part of the earth.

Add to the list of places which have no appeal to muff: Costa Rica, Belize, Mexico, Guatemala, and so on and so forth.

Not easily impressed!

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

How on earth am I being ignorant?!  Confused

I'm stating a preference that I've no wish to visit these places. It would be different if I posted that they were sh*tholes and there was nothing worth seeing but I didn't. There simply isn't enough of an appeal that would make me want to visit them.

Being open minded has got nothing to do with it as I think I am pretty open minded in general.

So you've read about these places, and nothing appeals to you enough to make you want to visit? Exactly.

You must not be that interested in travelling, which is fair enough. Not really tbh. Would rather travel round the Carribean or United States again if I was to go travelling.

Because there are just so many places of interest in both Central and South that I'd encourage you to read more about them, assuming you've read about them already. I've a big interest in history & nature/wildlife but not enough for me to go visiting any country in South or Central America.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 4:24pm

I think anywhere that's tropical/sub tropical tends to have the most impressive natural features/ wildlife but it's not enough for me to actually want to go there. There's other countries or things that I'd rather do.

I don't see what the debate is.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 4:27pm

Add to the list of places which have no appeal to muff: Costa Rica, Belize, Mexico, Guatemala, and so on and so forth.

Not easily impressed!

Rolo there's other places I'd rather go to. All those countries have spectacular wildlife/scenery etc etc but it's not enough for me to want to go there where there's other places I'd rather go to.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 4:32pm
Soneone post up the cominc strip IrishMuff You fackin Mug!!!

Seems appropriate 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 4:34pm
Can we organise to kidnap muff and leave him in the middle of the Serengeti?
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 4:35pm

Not easily impressed!

Rolo there's other places I'd rather go to. All those countries have spectacular wildlife/scenery etc etc but it's not enough for me to want to go there where there's other places I'd rather go to.

Ok fair enough.

I'd still say keep an open mind on it and look into it some more in the future. Some of the most amazing sights and cultures and history on the planet can be found there. I'm going to stop preaching now, but I'd be fairly confident that even though you have no interest in visiting, if you did find yourself there, you'd absolutely love it. So much so that you'd be keen to go back again.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 4:40pm

Not easily impressed!

Ok fair enough.

I'd still say keep an open mind on it and look into it some more in the future. Some of the most amazing sights and cultures and history on the planet can be found there. I'm going to stop preaching now, but I'd be fairly confident that even though you have no interest in visiting, if you did find yourself there, you'd absolutely love it. So much so that you'd be keen to go back again.

If I was there or Ireland were playing in some future tournament there, then I'd go and see the main sights I suppose. The nature/wildlife would definitely appeal to me more. As for being open minded, I'm aware of all of the things that were listed as worth seeing but again, it's not enough for me to want to plan a trip there.

There's countries I've gone to that I wouldn't have even thought about only for that Ireland were playing there and I'd rather go on trips like that. Would love to go back to the States and stay in the National parks but I'm usually tied up with the football trips as that's my preference at the moment.

Edited by irishmufc - 07 Dec 2016 at 4:43pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 4:51pm

If I was there or Ireland were playing in some future tournament there, then I'd go and see the main sights I suppose. The nature/wildlife would definitely appeal to me more. As for being open minded, I'm aware of all of the things that were listed as worth seeing but again, it's not enough for me to want to plan a trip there.

There's countries I've gone to that I wouldn't have even thought about only for that Ireland were playing there and I'd rather go on trips like that. Would love to go back to the States and stay in the National parks but I'm usually tied up with the football trips as that's my preference at the moment.

In fairness, we have got lucky with this Group. Vienna is a winner. Cardiff is an amazing party venue after matches, and Belgrade is one of the most under-rated cities in Europe.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 5:20pm
I hear he won't go to Africa because of the BBC
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 9:01pm

Feel partly responsible for CM starting this thread. I should just have replied to his post before now.

To answer your question, cities I'd put ahead of New York:

In no particular order:

Portland, Oregon 
San Diego, CA 
Chicago, IL
San Francisco, CA
Las Vegas, NV

Spent a total of ten months living and working in the first three places, and have visited the last two a number of times each while there. No better way to get to know a place than working there, you get to see more of the place than just the city centre, and you get a feel for the way of life there.

Much as I love all of the above, none compare with Buenos Aires, Argentina. Spent a brilliant month there.

Muff's ignorance above is a pity, thought you'd be more open-minded than that.

Important to point out too that much and all as cities are fantastic, my favourite places in Central, South and North America werent cities, but the places way outside of the urban areas. 

How anyone could have no interest in visiting Maccu Picchu in Peru, or Semuc Champey in Guatemala, I have no idea. 

If that's a considered opinion fair enough, if it's just ignorance, then I can't understand it.

Yep you got that one right , but hey it got a bit of interest going on and Muff acting a tad foolish LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 10:11pm

Peru is gorgeous, the most amazing piece of scenery i have ever saw is Artesonraju. Magnificent absolutely magnificent. 

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Feel partly responsible for CM starting this thread. I should just have replied to his post before now.

To answer your question, cities I'd put ahead of New York:

In no particular order:

Portland, Oregon 
San Diego, CA 
Chicago, IL
San Francisco, CA
Las Vegas, NV

Spent a total of ten months living and working in the first three places, and have visited the last two a number of times each while there. No better way to get to know a place than working there, you get to see more of the place than just the city centre, and you get a feel for the way of life there.

Much as I love all of the above, none compare with Buenos Aires, Argentina. Spent a brilliant month there.

Muff's ignorance above is a pity, thought you'd be more open-minded than that.

Important to point out too that much and all as cities are fantastic, my favourite places in Central, South and North America werent cities, but the places way outside of the urban areas. 

How anyone could have no interest in visiting Maccu Picchu in Peru, or Semuc Champey in Guatemala, I have no idea. 

If that's a considered opinion fair enough, if it's just ignorance, then I can't understand it.

Yep you got that one right , but hey it got a bit of interest going on and Muff acting a tad foolish LOL

Hey Phileas Fogg, there's places I've no interest in going to and there's others I do. Big f**king deal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic