You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Wales MATCH thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 132>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 8:15pm
Can't wait for this. It's a pity Brady will miss out after his brain fart yesterday, I read somewhere this morning that he didn't know another booking would rule him out of this game. I hope that's not true, someone ought to be letting players know about these things.

Having said all of that, Ward will be back and he has been a revelation over the last year or so, he has improved so much. 

Prediction: A cagey 1-1.
Sponsored Links

steveiaga View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steveiaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 8:25pm
Any word on when the tickets will be on sale for this one?
Steve
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 8:57pm
Coelman targeting us claiming they'll get 6 points.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 9:06pm
Wales definitely seem to be misfiring a little. Their form in the qualifiers for Euro 2016 was rather patchy too, they could be very hit and miss (they took only one point off Bosnia for example).

I think one of their main problems is that outside of Bale and Ramsey, they have a lot of journeymen in their side : the presence of those two is disguising weaknesses elsewhere.
peterbelfast View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterbelfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 9:07pm
Duo package including iceland game out on sale 21st nov
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 9:12pm
St getting a pre-sale on this??? folk asking me already

Edited by armahibee - 13 Nov 2016 at 9:13pm
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by peterbelfast peterbelfast wrote:

Where'd you hear this?
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 9:20pm
I have got the season ticket with my brother but a cousin of ours looking a ticket for this. Can you only buy a duo package with iceland does anyone know?
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Mr Stupid View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Stupid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Guest Guest wrote:

I can't stand Chris Coleman. He is as arrogant as they come. When he was asked last night where the draw leaves them he said "well we still have to play Ireland twice" like as if we were Moldova or something and that would be them back in it with 2 wins. 3 points for us in Lansdowne Road and they won't catch us.  
Stupid like a fox
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterbelfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

Originally posted by peterbelfast peterbelfast wrote:

Where'd you hear this?

There's a video on fai twitter of james goal last night and it shows it at the end
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

I have got the season ticket with my brother but a cousin of ours looking a ticket for this. Can you only buy a duo package with iceland does anyone know?

Yea you can get a duo . Can't remember the details but I seen it on the electric hording being advertised when the cup final was in last Sunday
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterbelfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 9:57pm
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 10:04pm
I wonder what price we'll be looking at
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

2-0 Ireland.

We put the nail in their coffin, end their campaign at least their fans can enjoy temple that evening and we march on towards tipping the group. We're a fair bit better then Wales we should be able to run their defence into serious issue.

Scott Hogan on the bench.

I see he was at the UFC last night to watch Conor McGregor with John Egan. 

I hope having a weekend to New York booked for the fight with his pal wasn't behind his decline of a call up.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Guest Guest wrote:

Highly unlikely, think the match in Dublin will almost certainly be a draw. They might win the away leg but again I'd say a draw is more likely.
We're decent enough..
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 12:29am
Coleman has to say something f**king ridiculous, he's a complete toss pot. They're filled with a squad who would struggle to make the NI squad, most fans wouldn't have heard of their subs!

Most teams do not have Seamus Coleman as their right back, we do. Our defence is the best in the group by a distance.. Wales will be lucky to get a point of us, by the time we play them it'll be our drinking session in Cardiff. We have to stop this lucky nonsense too, you don't get lucky and get results v Germany, Italy, Bosnia, Sweden, Austria at some stage you'd get found out we've kicked on. We have a complete midfield of premiership footballers Arter,Whelan,McCarthy,Meyler let's give ourselves some credit for a change.

I'm sorry fellas I seen the Wales game did anyone see what Stojkovic was at in goals for the goal? Miles of his line, I'll fancy Clark,Duffy v Vokes all day everyday and Kanu is now a super sub for WBA. Their midfield is dangerous they've Ramsey but he'all be injured a few times by the time that game comes and Arter is a better player then Allen, or Ledley. Chester is too small Walters will bully him, Long/McClean/Hogan will run their wing backs into the ground quite literally. Wales play a counter attacking football or the Gareth Bale show, we' don't play like that... they struggle v any team that has a compenent defence. I just don't rate them, I didn't last campaign and I don't rate them any higher now they're coming to Dublin needing a win, Shane Long v James Chester (PLEASE)

We're topping this group. We'll beat Wales, Austria at home draw to Serbia and 6 points of Moldova and Georgia.

Edited by SByrne24 - 14 Nov 2016 at 12:32am
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 12:39am
Good man SByrne, why don't you tell us what you really think?😂
7/9 pts at home v Wales Austria Serbia would be bloody great.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 12:49am
7 or 9 points from those games and the group is ours. If we got 7 points and 3 from Moldova, we'd basically only need to win in Georgia to top the group, and we'd likely be set before the Cardiff game.

That's a huge ask though. There's a long way to go and we shouldn't be getting ahead of ourselves, much and all as we are in a superb position.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 132>
  Share Topic