You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Derry, Pats......Refuse FAI "Grant"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Derry, Pats......Refuse FAI "Grant"
    Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 4:13am
St Pats Statement Defies All Logic FAI Hit Back As Second Club Refuse 5K Grant
Shocking divide and conquer tactics there from the FAI.

So Pats & Derry have now refused the 5K, with you would hope more clubs to follow.

I believe the participation agreement is also up for renewal soon too.
Interesting few months ahead.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 6:05am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 10:56am
Well done to both. Now where are the other clubs???
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 11:23am
Defies logic? The FAI deflecting here once again.
St Pats rep attended the meeting, brought the proposal back to his board, they discussed it and then rejected it.

It's the right thing to do. 5,000 is an insult.
I really hope a few more clubs do the same. Strength in unity, as we say.
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 11:29am
That's it folks!

Derry and Pats probably checked in with the rest first and then went solo in exasperation.

The FAI won't let this spread now. They know who they can rely on and will be calling with promises to any they're unsure of. I hope I'm wrong.

http://www.the42.ie/john-o-sullivan-2091548-May2015/
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 12:27pm
This is a huge chance for the league to make a stance and force some good out of it, don't let the opportunity slip lads ffs, stand d fck up and be counted for once, no point whinging behind the scene's about how shabbily you have been treated by the coont's at the top table for so long if you have not got the ball's to challenge these coont's now, speak ta fck up NOW and tell them to stick their fckin pennies
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 12:29pm
Interesting, which club leaked?!
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 3:44pm
The other clubs simply have to follow the lead of Pats & Derry. Otherwise they can hardly complain when they FAI shaft them over again.

The PCA is a pick of an organisation as it doesn't include FD clubs. I've no idea how that works with FD clubs, did Drogheda & Limerick lose their place when they were relegated?
Get the FD clubs on board and have 20 clubs v the FAI.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 4:06pm
FAI expresses "extreme disappointment"

“Since the St Patrick's Athletic statement was released on Friday evening a host of leading clubs, including Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers, Cork City, Bohemian FC and Galway United - and many others, have come out to support a clear desire to continue to work in partnership with the FAI."

Classic divide and conquer tactics from the FAI.
A few more clubs really need to throw it back in the next day or 2.
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 5:05pm
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

http://stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=7257#.V6YKlvkrK9J

Another statement from Pats Clap

Great paragraph here:
"What prevails with the FAI is an approach whereby it decides everything and where it dictates policy with the occasional PR flurry to try and create a public image that its senior executives are committed to change and to improvement. This is the great irony of its primary criticism of last night's statement by the club. When our GM brought the FAI proposal to the board for review and it decided not to accept it and announced that decision, the FAI chooses to paint that as an "extraordinary" outcome. The GM behaved absolutely appropriately and if the FAI considers a process where an executive brings proposals to his board for discussion and decision as "extraordinary", then that is a reflection on the way in which the FAI conducts its business not on St Patrick's Athletic."
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 6:34pm
cant see us getting involved in this with the euro run

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 6:38pm
Cork are getting a free training ground off them so they won't do anything.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

cant see us getting involved in this with the euro run

Dundalk won't say a word with needing the Aviva and possibly the FAI to put Dundalks case forward to use a temporary stand if they end up playing games in Tallaght in the EL. Will also very likely need FAI backing to sort out building/developing a ground in the near future.

Cobh, Drogheda, Wexford (all in FAI owned grounds), Cork (E10M FAI backed complex), Bohs (new Dallymount) & Shams(regularly handed glamour frindlies) will all be very quiet about all this.

It's also unlikely many of the FD clubs will turn down anything.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 10:19pm
If the clubs don't come together on this and make a united stand , they cant complain about the way the FAI oversee football in this country anymore. It would smack of hypocrisy the same way as the national teams fans ranting on about transparency, but wouldn't do anything about it whilst lining the FAI's pockets at the same time.  Excellent statement again by the Junkies Clap 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

If the clubs don't come together on this and make a united stand , they cant complain about the way the FAI oversee football in this country anymore. It would smack of hypocrisy the same way as the national teams fans ranting on about transparency, but wouldn't do anything about it whilst lining the FAI's pockets at the same time.  Excellent statement again by the Junkies Clap 
Agreed. Everybody has something the FAI can take off them but how realistic is it? If the FAI refuse Lansdowne to Dundalk or take Bishopstown away from City, who looks bad? Anyway, it is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Agreed. Everybody has something the FAI can take off them but how realistic is it? If the FAI refuse Lansdowne to Dundalk or take Bishopstown away from City, who looks bad? Anyway, it is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

I'd agree with all that lads, I'm just saying this will be the mentality in a lot of LOI board rooms.
If the Brandywell was being redeveloped with the help of the FAI/was FAI owned would they have released that statement?
They're obviously not going to stop Glanmire or throw Dundalk out of LR but they can be difficult in other ways.
It's 3 days since Derry released their statement and Pats are the only one to follow suit!
The PCA seems like a bizarre organisation that's causing unnecessary division. Why not just have a League Club Alliance with all 20 clubs?

Edited by Bitored - 06 Aug 2016 at 10:49pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I'd agree with all that lads, I'm just saying this will be the mentality in a lot of LOI board rooms.
If the Brandywell was being redeveloped with the help of the FAI/was FAI owned would they have released that statement?
They're obviously not going to stop Bishopston or throw Dundalk out of LR but they can be difficult in other ways.
It's 3 days since Derry released their statement and Pats are the only one to follow suit!
I agree, wasn't having a go. I am hoping that the clubs are doing it a few days apart to keep it in the media, unfortunately you are probably right.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic