You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOI in Europe 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 98>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 10:35pm

Excellent performance and you can see how gutted they are after the final whistle. They will give Zenit a good test away also. Lads seem to dismiss this Dundalk side too easily. Only the width of the post from going 2 up. If they didn't have so many games of late there was more in them. Shields was immense. That expensive Belgian lad for Zenit is one lazy lump of a man. His assist was the only thing he done the whole game.

Sponsored Links

PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Dundalk were definitely unlucky. Had that header gone in off the post, there's no way Zenit would have pulled three goals back. Hitting the woodwork and then the clanger by the keeper were game changers.

Great effort by them though and they lost nothing in defeat.
Ermm Tell that to Maccabi Tel Aviv.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Excellent performance and you can see how gutted they are after the final whistle. They will give Zenit a good test away also. Lads seem to dismiss this Dundalk side too easily. Only the width of the post from going 2 up. If they didn't have so many games of late there was more in them. Shields was immense. That expensive Belgian lad for Zenit is one lazy lump of a man. His assist was the only thing he done the whole game.

Indeed, and Dundalk actually had more shots on target tonight. Sure, Zenit had much more of the ball but I thought Dundalk counter attacked brilliantly. In truth, they probably should have gotten at least a point.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Cathalthesmart Cathalthesmart wrote:

Like I said, these Zenit games are a right off. If they get the necessary results vs Maccabi & AZ and we are rosy.

Great predicting mate, you've predicted a team worth a €150 million would beat a team that cost €20,000.

If Zenit beat Dundalk in Russia you'll have got the two results spot on Clap 
need to get him into the tips thread.

Guaranteed profit following Cathal from Cork 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

So so unlucky. You really can't downplay the fact they have played 7 games in 19 days. They were up against the highest ranked team in the competition. Had that one gone in off the post it could have been so different. Taking all that into account it was a monumental performance.

Fair play to dundalk, they really deserve to be playing at this level

Sava's played very little. Just a fcuk up of a kick. Massey header goes in and I think they had them. Tight margins. They'll be bollixed alright but don't think that was to blame for the result, silly mistake for the equaliser. Shame, they deserved something, played so well.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 1:44am
Still a point clear in 2nd place, neutral goal difference and most impressively least goals conceeded  in the group Clap
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 1:49am

Like I said, these Zenit games are a right off. If they get the necessary results vs Maccabi & AZ and we are rosy.

Great predicting mate, you've predicted a team worth a €150 million would beat a team that cost €20,000.

Guaranteed profit following Cathal from Cork 

In fairness, he is Cathal the smart
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 8:37am
Hard to believe Dundalk fans are rightly gutted about not getting a result against Zenit, a case of what if's.

Hopefully wrap up the league now this weekend and let the players recover for the return match, although i would expect them to be much better at home but we will have nothing to fear based on last nights game

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 8:57am
Great performance again last night from Dundalk what struck me most was that they never once resorted last night to plan b when they were 1 up they kept on committing men forward and at the end when they were chasing the game they still tried to get the ball down and play a credit to Irish football
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 9:19am
i was expecting Zenit to look a class above them last night but they didnt. it was a pretty 50/50 game and if that header had to creep in and Dundalk went 2-0 up i dont think Zenit would have got anything out of the game. Really unlucky not to at least get a draw.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 9:54am
must be beyond proud of them Shoco Clap

Serious effort last night again, just hope they do not completely gas out in the last two games. 

Scouts must be having a serious look at loads of your players
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 9:55am

What an apt username too

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 9:59am
They gave it a real go last night and could have easily got something from the game. 
I don't think they will get anything in Zenit away but as long as Zenit beat everybody thats okay.

The game at home against AZ is key. Need to take 3 points and that will mean a straight shoot out against Maccabi in December. The Dundalk players will be well rested for those games so tiredness wont be a factor.

Even a draw against Maccabi should be enough if we beat AZ. 

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

They gave it a real go last night and could have easily got something from the game. 
I don't think they will get anything in Zenit away but as long as Zenit beat everybody thats okay.

The game at home against AZ is key. Need to take 3 points and that will mean a straight shoot out against Maccabi in December. The Dundalk players will be well rested for those games so tiredness wont be a factor.

Even a draw against Maccabi should be enough if we beat AZ. 

a lot will depend on what happens in the return game with AZ and Macabi. Assuming we lose in Russia, one of the other will be at least level on points with us, or worse Macabi will be on 6, Macabis late goal was probably worse for us in terms of the overall group than Zenits winner!

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 11:00am
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

must be beyond proud of them Shoco Clap

Serious effort last night again, just hope they do not completely gas out in the last two games. 

Scouts must be having a serious look at loads of your players

Yeah so proud, been an amazing season, will be well rested for the last two games, infact we may be looking for friendlies to keep the lads ticking over!!

Aye will be hard to hold on to players, but they know if they leave then they might never get this European experience again, although money talks

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 11:23am
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 11:47am
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 11:58am
I know nothing :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 98>
  Share Topic