You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tallaght bars/clubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote galwaylad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tallaght bars/clubs
    Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 5:07am
Possibly staying out in Tallaght for the Dutch game,could any of you please recommend a few late bars/clubs out that way,group of us are in our mid 20s,cheers.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 11:50am
I'd recommend you stay somewhere closer to the city and stadium
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 11:58am
Odd place to stay, stay in the city
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 12:15pm
Hotels in Dublin are probably a bit more expensive than usual that night due to Springsteen in Croker.
Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 12:34pm
Has to be the sh!tty nightclub at the Plaza hotel Thumbs Up
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 1:11pm
Go out in town... A taxi back to tallaght costs about 15 euro
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Go out in town... A taxi back to tallaght costs about 15 euro

Yea or even get he night link back out but defiantly say out in town
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 1:34pm
If you have travelled all the way up to Dublin and stay in Tallaght to save on hotel then I'd still advise
going into the city to gargle. Luas in is 3 euro each way and 40 minutes. A full taxi would be about 6-7 quid each and 20 minutes.

There's f**k all in Tallaght. There is a night club in the plaza hotel that's full of local 18-21 year olds.
a group of lads from Galway you'd probably be a bit of out of place. I doubt you'd have a good night.

The aberly is back open, haven't been there since it opened back up but I suppose it would do in terms of couple of pints before heading for town

Edited by t_rAndy - 20 Mar 2016 at 1:35pm
galwaylad View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote galwaylad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 1:54pm
A buddie of ours has just moved to Tallaght because of work so the plan is to crash in his place.I looked at hotels in the city,there's virtuall zero availability and the ones that are available are charging insane money,as someone said above Bruce Springsteen is playing Croke Park the same night.
He's asked us to go out in Tallaght after so we said we would,I've been doing a bit og googling,Madison and the old mill seem to be popular spots,any good?.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 3:38pm
My advice would to tell your Tallaght residing pal to sling his hook and stay on in town after the match.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

If you have travelled all the way up to Dublin and stay in Tallaght to save on hotel then I'd still advise
going into the city to gargle. Luas in is 3 euro each way and 40 minutes. A full taxi would be about 6-7 quid each and 20 minutes.

There's f**k all in Tallaght. There is a night club in the plaza hotel that's full of local 18-21 year olds.
a group of lads from Galway you'd probably be a bit of out of place. I doubt you'd have a good night.

The aberly is back open, haven't been there since it opened back up but I suppose it would do in terms of couple of pints before heading for town

the old mill have live bands Friday and Saturday with a late license. Good spot
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
galwaylad View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote galwaylad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 4:44pm
Cheers for the replys lads,the buddie wants to go out locally as he's just moved to the area,the rest of us aren't overly bothered where we booze after the game,he organised things so we said we'd go along with it.Might check out the Old mill,sounds like a lively local,we'll try not to stand out to much!,the locals will probably have our muck savagery sniffed out immediately
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 7:53pm
You won't have any bother there, no different to any suburban super pub. Owned by Louis fitzgerald
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
galwaylad View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote galwaylad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

You won't have any bother there, no different to any suburban super pub. Owned by Louis fitzgerald
Nice one,cheers!
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 10:03pm
The Mill is a kip. Honestly Tallaght is sh*te to go out in, I'm saying that as someone born and bread there. Plaza used to be decent about 8 years ago. Town is your best bet
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 10:24pm
Go the car wash
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

galwaylad View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote galwaylad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Go the car wash

is that a club or what??,
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 9:34am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Go the car wash

Haha. That's what they were calling cocos for awhile. They finally gave up on the nightclub thank god.

Pints served in plastic glasses. If you asked for a bottle of beer they'd open it and poor it into a plastic glass.

Fight club outside every Saturday night.

Lovely establishment
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic