FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 94>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: St. Patricks Athletic FC thread
    Posted: 7 hours 32 minutes ago at 1:12am

All greyhound stadiums considered.
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 30 minutes ago at 6:14pm
back to chapelizod with yiz!

No Pasaran!
Hatsoff View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatsoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 41 minutes ago at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Dcc have been buying the houses on Emmet road. I've heard that there all less than 3 houses left to be acquired. That will give approx 20 metres of space.

They are going to knock all extensions on those building and remodel the houses as additional club spaces.

I also heard they had agreement to buy the factories at the inchicore end.

The council want a walkway along the length of the Camac too and the was talk about a bridge from grattan crescent park which would help managing away allocations with an exit and both sides of the ground. 

Will believe it when I see it.

Would be great if they could redevelop and get the capacity up to 8000 minimum.
That part of the city will have huge population growth in next decades.

It's better to stay on the current site but if they could do a land swap with somewhere in the industrial estates to the SW, it wouldn't be bad.

Richmond Park is a very tight site so maybe limited in terms of redevelopment.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 57 minutes ago at 1:47pm
Dcc have been buying the houses on Emmet road. I've heard that there all less than 3 houses left to be acquired. That will give approx 20 metres of space.

They are going to knock all extensions on those building and remodel the houses as additional club spaces.

I also heard they had agreement to buy the factories at the inchicore end.

The council want a walkway along the length of the Camac too and the was talk about a bridge from grattan crescent park which would help managing away allocations with an exit and both sides of the ground. 

Will believe it when I see it.

My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 hours 20 minutes ago at 12:24pm
Good luck to Kenny.

Funny, it’s like the couple who break up because one doesn’t want to keep seeing the other, and the other gets into a new relationship first.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 13 minutes ago at 11:31am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by ChampagneFever ChampagneFever wrote:

5k a week apparently

Could well be possible given Kelleher wanted him by hook or by crook. Be nice wages if you could get them.

€260k a year would almost certainly be more than double what the next highest paid manager in the league (presumably Bradley) is getting.

In Irish domestic foorball terms that's an eye watering amount. The reality though is that Kelleher probably has directors in his own company making much more than that. If he's looking at Kenny as just another senior employee of his, he can probably justify it
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 59 minutes ago at 10:45am
If St.Pats include a methadone clinic in their stadium plans they could receive Government funding

Edited by Trap junior - 21 hours 17 minutes ago at 11:27am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 53 minutes ago at 9:51am
Ireand and new stadiums dont mix. We seem incapable.
I love beer gardens
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 hours 36 minutes ago at 9:08am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Are there any plans to do up the stadium?

The plan was for Dublin City Council to buy the properties on emmet road and redevelop but not sure how are that is now as that was years ago and I can imagine very costly. 

Anyone know other sites viable in the area and do a land swap? Building a new stadium and training facilities on a greenfield or brownfield site and sell the valuable land on emmet road would be a strong option as well (if there was a viable site nearby).
By selling Inchicore your basically loosing all the work pat's do in the community, how you turn the Inchicore venue into a modern football arena I'm not sure. Anything less than 8000 capacity is a waste of time.
Well that was their initial plan albeit to a local site in St Michaels estate but DCC turned it down & nothing has been done with St Michaels afaik 

I’m not disagreeing with your point btw just adding the detail of their previous plans 

Edited by 9fingers - 23 hours 34 minutes ago at 9:10am
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 hours 44 minutes ago at 9:00am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

The plan was for Dublin City Council to buy the properties on emmet road and redevelop but not sure how are that is now as that was years ago and I can imagine very costly. 

Anyone know other sites viable in the area and do a land swap? Building a new stadium and training facilities on a greenfield or brownfield site and sell the valuable land on emmet road would be a strong option as well (if there was a viable site nearby).
By selling Inchicore your basically loosing all the work pat's do in the community, how you turn the Inchicore venue into a modern football arena I'm not sure. Anything less than 8000 capacity is a waste of time.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 23 hours 43 minutes ago at 9:01am
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:48am

Edited by t_rAndy - Yesterday at 8:49am
Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:01am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Mush Cassidys Donkey Mush Cassidys Donkey wrote:

What a fall from grace going to St Rat's. Ouch

all the sh*t talk about going to Scotland and England, he ends up back in the LOI. LOL  He'll be sacked sometime before the end of next season. 

Why would he go to England? He should be sorted money wise for a while after the Ireland job but more importantly he drinks in Ahearns at Old Bawn so couldn't do that from the UK!

tis all about the pints chief. Clap i will retract my comments LOL
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:30am
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 5:53am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by ChampagneFever ChampagneFever wrote:

5k a week apparently

Could well be possible given Kelleher wanted him by hook or by crook. Be nice wages if you could get them.

Is this 5k figure true?

If true, serious intent from pats. 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 4:58am
Redevelopment as far as I know.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hatsoff View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatsoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2024 at 11:51pm
In interview with RTE Kenny said St Pats have plans for a new stadium?

Is that on same site or somewhere else?

Would it be funded by DCC?
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2024 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Hatsoff Hatsoff wrote:

It's great for the league.

Where would Pats rank in terms of budget?

3rd or 4th maybe

Yeah but I'd imagine Garrett will back Kenny now to conpetete with the top 2 on wages, he's wanted Kenny for most of the time he's owned the club
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2024 at 1:07pm
#KennysKids
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 94>
  Share Topic