You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAO SByrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

Bit strange though mate. You are fierce anti Norn Iron which I admire but then you support Frampton and go to he's fights which are attended by thousands of Loyalists. Would you not feel uncomfortable?

I'm anti Northern Irish FA, correct for years and still do this day domestically it is highly sectarian. I walk around Belfast surrounded by thousands of loyalists, it doesn't have a huge impact on my day I work with some and a portion of my friends are also unionist/loyalist (to and extent).

Carl Frampton met Christine when he was a teenager his wife hails from Polglass West Belfast, a strongly republican area. Its' well known they went into each others areas Carl into Polglass, Christine to Tigers Bar (loyalist) Carl also fought for Ireland in boxing and i quote 'Did with immense pride everytime he put on the green jersey' watch his interview on RTE for Sports personality he also has a soon called Rossá not your typical unionist name. 

Carl Frampton represents the entire community be they catholic or protestant, he comes from a working class area of loyalist Belfast and doesn't have a bigoted bone in his body. A true ambassador for the North of Ireland and Northern Irish sport. Gentleman.

I've met him a few times he trains in a family friends gym back home in the West, compared to McGregor who thinks he's better then the entire nation put together. I know who i'd rather share a drink with, fighting pride of Ireland (as an Island?) Carl Frampton.

Everywhere we goo! IT'S THE ULSTER BOYS, MAKING ALL THE NOISE Wink

Edited by SByrne24 - 17 Jan 2017 at 1:16pm
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Bit strange though mate. You are fierce anti Norn Iron which I admire but then you support Frampton and go to he's fights which are attended by thousands of Loyalists. Would you not feel uncomfortable?

I'm anti Northern Irish FA, correct for years and still do this day domestically it is highly sectarian. I walk around Belfast surrounded by thousands of loyalists, it doesn't have a huge impact on my day I work with some and a portion of my friends are also unionist/loyalist (to and extent).

Carl Frampton met Christine when he was a teenager his wife hails from Polglass West Belfast, a strongly republican area. Its' well known they went into each others areas Carl into Polglass, Christine to Tigers Bar (loyalist) Carl also fought for Ireland in boxing and i quote 'Did with immense pride everytime he put on the green jersey' watch his interview on RTE for Sports personality he also has a soon called Rossá not your typical unionist name. 

Carl Frampton represents the entire community be they catholic or protestant, he comes from a working class area of loyalist Belfast and doesn't have a bigoted bone in his body. A true ambassador for the North of Ireland and Northern Irish sport. Gentleman.

I've met him a few times he trains in a family friends gym back home in the West, compared to McGregor who thinks he's better then the entire nation put together. I know who i'd rather share a drink with, fighting pride of Ireland (as an Island?) Carl Frampton.

Agree re Frampton, seems a decent bloke still attracts a 95% Loyalist fan base though.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 3:48pm

Agree re Frampton, seems a decent bloke still attracts a 95% Loyalist fan base though.

Out of interest, how many of his fights have you been to ?

Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

None mate, wouldn't line Barry McGuigan's pockets with money.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:37am
95%

I've been to Manchester, Belfast and heading to Las Vegas next weekend to hear 'AND STILL' and you're talking nonsense.

West Belfast next weekend the bars will be packed for this fight, the Devenish in particular never mind the rest of the province.

He's one of the greatest sportsmen on the island of Ireland, in fact I'd say himself and Rory McIlory are the two most respected world wide, Carl Frampton has basically won Boxer of the year in every newspaper and sports magazine in the world, he's nearly had a clean sweep in the US from Ringer to USA today.

He's becoming very very popular out there, because he's a down to earth working class man who has time for everyone. Remove the bigoted goggles of hatred, people like yourself is why NI has no budget, has no government and two parties that belong in the 10th century.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:47am

Interesting that you've gone very quiet on the Rugby thread, much like Ulster have in the Champions Cup.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:48am

Ah right, thought your 95% figure was bullsh!t so that confirms it.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:49am

95%

I've been to Manchester, Belfast and heading to Las Vegas next weekend to hear 'AND STILL' and you're talking nonsense.

West Belfast next weekend the bars will be packed for this fight, the Devenish in particular never mind the rest of the province.

He's one of the greatest sportsmen on the island of Ireland, in fact I'd say himself and Rory McIlory are the two most respected world wide, Carl Frampton has basically won Boxer of the year in every newspaper and sports magazine in the world, he's nearly had a clean sweep in the US from Ringer to USA today.

He's becoming very very popular out there, because he's a down to earth working class man who has time for everyone. Remove the bigoted goggles of hatred, people like yourself is why NI has no budget, has no government and two parties that belong in the 10th century.

Yeah, of course you are going to Vegas !

SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:53am

95%

Yeah, of course you are going to Vegas !

Benefits of the job, I swapped with a friend and worked last night LOL
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 2:08pm

[/QUOTE]Benefits of the job, I swapped with a friend and worked last night LOL
[/QUOTE]

Benefits of the job? Don't leave us guessing. What line of work are you in?
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 2:53pm

Don't know any nationalists who follow Frampton myself.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:08pm

Well, that's conclusive proof then !

Having been to a number of Frampton fights, I've met people from both sides and all over the island or Ireland at his fights.

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:21pm

I'd say every nationalist from Belfast I know down here follows him, they actually ran a bus up to his last fight.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

I'd say every nationalist from Belfast I know down here follows him, they actually ran a bus up to his last fight.
These are clearly worrying times for Irish nationalism! You can get every Irish nationalist in Belfast on a single bus! Please tell me it was a double decker!?

Edited by pre Madonna - 18 Jan 2017 at 3:28pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 11:47am
Sbyrne your banned till the inaugaration is over. 

Then due to repeated and numerous complaints, when your account is activated Saturday you'll be free to post on the forum but not the Whatever section. Every time a post goes in the whatever setion you'll be banned for a few days.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 11:48am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 11:52am
Fine bit of work there Bob
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 12:01pm
The NPF is on fire now.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic