Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 374>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 8:19pm
Cant help yourself Doc. Off you go again for a few weeks.

Edited by Sham157 - 17 Oct 2016 at 11:11pm
Sponsored Links

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

So the council are bringing their stadium up to UEFA cat 4 standard, countdown until Pats move in there too?
The FAI and council want them in, but Pats are holding firm and the bankruptcy proceedings against their owner seem to have stalled.

I wouldn't read too much into it, this would all have been done years ago but for the crash. They want an enclosed ground so they can host bigger events and move into things like concerts. There isn't a 10,000 seated venue in Dublin and this is to plug the market.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 9:39am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

So what are you suggesting? We kept the Brennans and limped out the season with a higher wagebill?
I am suggesting that you stop telling us every October that this time is different.
Me personally? You sure about that? I didn't think we would do anything differently under Fenlon.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 9:46am

Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

So the council are bringing their stadium up to UEFA cat 4 standard, countdown until Pats move in there too?
The FAI and council want them in, but Pats are holding firm and the bankruptcy proceedings against their owner seem to have stalled.

I wouldn't read too much into it, this would all have been done years ago but for the crash. They want an enclosed ground so they can host bigger events and move into things like concerts. There isn't a 10,000 seated venue in Dublin and this is to plug the market.

I'm no fan of Rovers but this is good news. Are they going to do it in phases? I.E. build an end behind one goal and then look to sort the other end in a few years? 

That wind tunnel that comes down from the mountain side can really ruin a game. 

El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 9:47am
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Thanks for the genuine reply. Good plan in theory as signing the "big" players from within the league has been a disaster the past few years. But will it be implemented properly? I suppose we will know a lot more come March or April, whoever gets the managers job will say a lot really, I can't think of many managers or players who I think would be a good fit at Rovers and that is a bit worrying. It's not a case of Rovers just needing 1 or 2 players to strengthen the team, they need at least 4 or 5 players to go straight into the starting XI imo. 
No-one disputes that. The point is that we will either give it to Bradley, who is Arsenals chief scout in Europe or someone from overseas. Either way I would expect shopping to be done elsewhere in the main. We may sign some promising youngsters but I don't see the usual journeymen coming in

Edited by roverstillidie - 18 Oct 2016 at 9:50am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 9:50am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I'm no fan of Rovers but this is good news. Are they going to do it in phases? I.E. build an end behind one goal and then look to sort the other end in a few years? 

As I understand it the original plan was to build to the north next but Rovers talked them into closing off the wind tunnel. The plan is to complete the ground in time, but when that happens is anyone's guess. The ground pays for itself but this is public money so things go a bit slower.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 9:51am

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

As I understand it the original plan was to build to the north next but Rovers talked them into closing off the wind tunnel. The plan is to complete the ground in time, but when that happens is anyone's guess. The ground pays for itself but this is public money so things go a bit slower.

That's good. Tallaghts a nice ground and that will improve it. 
El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 10:28am

So what are you suggesting? We kept the Brennans and limped out the season with a higher wagebill?
I am suggesting that you stop telling us every October that this time is different.
Me personally? You sure about that? I didn't think we would do anything differently under Fenlon.
Shams fans in general, not just you. Trying to guess what you will say  is like picking lottery numbers.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 10:31am

Shams fans in general, not just you. Trying to guess what you will say  is like picking lottery numbers.
So its the voices in your head. Grand so.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 10:32am

So its the voices in your head. Grand so.
As usual, all three of you are incorrect.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 10:44am

Originally posted by RedAlert RedAlert wrote:

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampionews/shamrock-rovers-fan-threw-bottle-in-pub-hitting-man-on--35119896. - http://www.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampion/news/shamrock-rovers-fan-threw-bottle-in-pub-hitting-man-on-head-35119896.html
Any comments RTID?
I declined the opportunity to comment on something I did not see and had heard a very different story than was initially reported on here to what the court report says happened. Sligs fans have a tendency to hysteria and this is a good example of it in action. They were doing their nut over the two guys papped out of the away end, but when it turned out they were local vermin pickpocketing it all went very quiet.
As for the case itself, silly boy and is already doing something else on his Friday nights.

LOLLOL Will you stop. You said they weren't Shams fans and blamed Sligo Rovers for saying that it was your fans.

pickpockets. that's a new one. LOLLOL

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 11:14am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

LOLLOL Will you stop. You said they weren't Shams fans and blamed Sligo Rovers for saying that it was your fans.

pickpockets. that's a new one. LOLLOL

But I didn't. I commented that the pair thrown out of our end weren't Rovers fans and said absolutely nothing about the pub incident because I had nothing to add. Regardless, the incident as described in court wasn't the holocaust Sligs and a certain Dundalk fan claimed at the time.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Watching this team has been much more enjoyable than watching Nutsy and Crolys teams, and the hidings Kenny's team took were more painful.

the problem with the team is not that it's too young, it's that for the most part the senior players that nutsy had left were either brutal, always injured or had disciplinary/personality issues.

All we have to do is crawl over the line into a european spot for this season.

Would agree in that the football been way more easy on the eye with Bradley and he bombed out the gruesome twosome Brennan dickheads.

The set up of the team however against the top two has been suicidal and we've been picked off embarrassingly easily. It's no disgrace losing to those two teams, especially Dundalk but the manner of them was horrific.

But I'm way more optimistic where the club is going by trying to play decent ball. We were scarred by the utterly sh*te fare under Croly and Fenlon.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 1:26am
Fenlon`s reign at the club was very disappointing as we didn`t make progress and challenge for the league. Besides, the football was cautious and turgid to watch and had all the urgency of a zimmer frame.

But while Bradley`s sides play with more freedom and expression, (if you exclude the other night, when they were under the cosh all evening), I`m not convinced he`s ready for the manager`s role. He has no track record and hasn`t done the hard yards down in Div 1 with, say, a Waterford or Athlone.

I can easily see him as a director of our youth academy and a successful one at that. But he`s a lightweight in terms of experience when compared to a Kenny or Caulfield, Shiels or Robertson. I don`t see any suitable candidate from within our league and I think we`ll have to look overseas for a manager, same as we did when MON came over from managing in Scotland.   
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 5:28pm
A lot of this is just correcting the gypowaffle in the Sun, but this was interesting

Significantly, it's believed that Rovers are planning to start offering 52-week contracts, which would mean paying their players through the winter, a development that could give them the edge on recruitment
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 6:31pm

A lot of this is just correcting the gypowaffle in the Sun, but this was interesting

Significantly, it's believed that Rovers are planning to start offering 52-week contracts, which would mean paying their players through the winter, a development that could give them the edge on recruitment

Shamrock Rovers' primary sponsor works in a quarry....... it's reads a little bit of 'salt-minesy' for the winter training programme.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 12:33am

I heard that Bradley has been offered the management gig for next season. Anyone hearing the same?
El Puto Amo
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 1:00am
As my granny used to say: "oh declare to St Teresa and protect us from all harm" Ouch
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 374>
  Share Topic