You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Compilation Tape

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BoboDub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoboDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Compilation Tape
    Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 12:56am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Ha ha don't remember that logo. They didn't see the fecking internet tsunami coming did theyLOL

never mind killing music, just wait til you figure out you can use a double decker to copy commodore 64 / zx spectrum / amstrad cpc game tapes! :)

Edited by BoboDub - 16 Nov 2013 at 12:57am
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 11:54pm

not to mention 6 years younger...

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 5:56pm

Ha ha don't remember that logo. They didn't see the fecking internet tsunami coming did theyLOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Am I right in saying you could put ceolotape over the holes on the top of the tape to record over it?

That's it and if you played it backwards and listened very carefully you'd hear it break
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 5:51pm
Did she find your other stash of tapes yet Milla?

sh*te compilation by the way. Thumbs Down

As Alan Partridge said when asked what his favourite Beatles album replied triumphantly, "The Best of the Beatles". 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Can't remember ever making on for a bird!  

Would tape songs from the radio though.  Pressing play & record together just at the right time was an art.  Used to drive me mad when the DJ would start talking at some stage during the song.

this used happen more often than not on atlantic 252
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

Yep, I've been to see them in Brixton before Andkend, I think the last time was their 25th anniversary gig, which I've just realised was 6 years ago as they did their 30th anniversary tour last year. Never got to see them at Paddy's day in NY or Boston, that's supposed to be pretty amazing too.

Roger, I know that people have been writing them off for years, but I think this time is different, with Chevron dying.
I got the impression that he was the one who got things organised behind the scenes when it came to organising gigs etc. Also Strummer died 10 years after leaving the band, Kirsty was never a member of the band, Chevron was, big difference IMO. But yeah, you can't write them off, most people, probably most of the band too, thought that last year was their farewell, especially after Chevron announced his cancer was terminal, and these gigs were announced very late in the day, but I guess we'll see.

I'm hoping that Cait O'Riordan is going to show up, given they're performing Rum Sodomy and the Lash and her rendition of I'm not a man you meet every day on that album is amazing. would love to see her do that and Fairytale of NY, but she hasn't done anything with them for years. A massive singalong of Thousands are Sailing will hopefully feature too.

they will surely get her in or a good replacement , seen them with sindeid o connor that was class, shanes ma has been known to turn up as well
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 11:59am
Yep, I've been to see them in Brixton before Andkend, I think the last time was their 25th anniversary gig, which I've just realised was 6 years ago as they did their 30th anniversary tour last year. Never got to see them at Paddy's day in NY or Boston, that's supposed to be pretty amazing too.

Roger, I know that people have been writing them off for years, but I think this time is different, with Chevron dying.
I got the impression that he was the one who got things organised behind the scenes when it came to organising gigs etc. Also Strummer died 10 years after leaving the band, Kirsty was never a member of the band, Chevron was, big difference IMO. But yeah, you can't write them off, most people, probably most of the band too, thought that last year was their farewell, especially after Chevron announced his cancer was terminal, and these gigs were announced very late in the day, but I guess we'll see.

I'm hoping that Cait O'Riordan is going to show up, given they're performing Rum Sodomy and the Lash and her rendition of I'm not a man you meet every day on that album is amazing. would love to see her do that and Fairytale of NY, but she hasn't done anything with them for years. A massive singalong of Thousands are Sailing will hopefully feature too.
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 11:14am

Sayonara, great song one of those gems that you generally forget about when thinking of the Pogues.

Not sure it send the right message to your missus though...

Ok it's time for Sayonara

Go on Yankee break my heart

There's nothing left for us to say now

Even the best friends they must part

I'm going to see them in Brixton next month, they're playing the whole of Rum Sodomy and the Lash plus a few old favourites. Should be good, and very possibly the last time they'll perform together.

The pogues Christmas time in london always a great crowd. You are in for a treat. Caught them around tge same time in the Mean Fiddler before and it was just unreal.

I am very jealous.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 11:14am
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 11:13am

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Am I right in saying you could put ceolotape over the holes on the top of the tape to record over it?

Yeah sellotape could be used or little bits of paper.  Great days.  

great days alright , the deadly double deck so you could copy a tape , great machines
Yeah and before a lot of people had double decks you'd be sitting there with two tape recorders held together one on play and one on record. If anyone came into the room you'd have to frantically signal them not to talk or the whole tape was ruined.

haha that was it alright , remember the skull and crossbones on the tapes and records , home taping is killing music LOL
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 11:12am

Should be good, and very possibly the last time they'll perform together.

we are saying that for 20 years LOL in the meantime mcgowan has buried joe strummer , kirsty mccoll and phil chevron...

Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 11:09am

great days alright , the deadly double deck so you could copy a tape , great machines
Yeah and before a lot of people had double decks you'd be sitting there with two tape recorders held together one on play and one on record. If anyone came into the room you'd have to frantically signal them not to talk or the whole tape was ruined.
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 11:07am
Sayonara, great song one of those gems that you generally forget about when thinking of the Pogues.

Not sure it send the right message to your missus though...
Ok it's time for Sayonara
Go on Yankee break my heart
There's nothing left for us to say now
Even the best friends they must part

I'm going to see them in Brixton next month, they're playing the whole of Rum Sodomy and the Lash plus a few old favourites. Should be good, and very possibly the last time they'll perform together.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 11:03am

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 10:59am

Edited by Baldrick - 15 Nov 2013 at 11:00am
AKA pedantic kunt
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 10:57am

Bottom of the tape, other end from the bit thats read I think.

Did it more with VHS tapes though.
@AntrimMan85
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 10:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic