You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17651766176717681769 1771>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2023 at 11:44pm
Club is a mess from top to bottom and can't just continue sacking managers when things start to go badly. Look at the bench this evening who on it would improve the 11 if they were starting instead only 1 I can say might be mainoo 

People will talk about players manager brought in but how many of them are on loam or were a panic buy at the end of the transfer window. Take hojlund for example does anyone really believe manager wanted him over harry Lane because I certainly don't but I do believe owners and ceo weren't willing to pay the fee spurs wanted even though thst was the exact type of signing united needed in the summer 

I said a while back things could get worse before they get better and that's what we are seeing now would not surprise me if this team finished mid table this season if things don't change soon but if the minority takeover can get done and a semblance of football structure is instilled into the club from tip down it may be a short term pain/sacrifice worth taking 

For what it's worth I wouldn't be sacking manager just yet either have tried thst approach to many times in last 10 years and where exactly has it got us 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Sponsored Links

Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 4:21am
You'd hope Ratcliffe coming in might make a difference, but he's a union busting money hoarder same as the Glazers, a long way from the outlook of Ferguson and the people that built the club over generations.

Edited by Bukowski - 13 Dec 2023 at 4:25am
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Mainoo should be starting, looks like the best midfielder they have. 

Agreed!

Scott McTominay is one of the worst midfielders in top flight football! Fair enough he’s scored important goals this season but he’s nowhere near the level required to be competing at the top table.

Luke Shaw off ‘injured’ last night again, probably doesn’t fancy a trip to Anfield on Sunday the fat f**k. 

Edited by BrendanD88 - 13 Dec 2023 at 7:21am
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 7:52am
Mourinho should have been hired post Ferguson rather than when he was.

Liverpool pretty much kept trying until they landed on Klopp. Right now the only reason not to sack Ten Hag is United not wanting to continue the cycle of sacking managers. Ten Hag has to go. He has been backed and made the squad worse.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 7:56am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Club is a mess from top to bottom and can't just continue sacking managers when things start to go badly. Look at the bench this evening who on it would improve the 11 if they were starting instead only 1 I can say might be mainoo 

People will talk about players manager brought in but how many of them are on loam or were a panic buy at the end of the transfer window. Take hojlund for example does anyone really believe manager wanted him over harry Lane because I certainly don't but I do believe owners and ceo weren't willing to pay the fee spurs wanted even though thst was the exact type of signing united needed in the summer 

I said a while back things could get worse before they get better and that's what we are seeing now would not surprise me if this team finished mid table this season if things don't change soon but if the minority takeover can get done and a semblance of football structure is instilled into the club from tip down it may be a short term pain/sacrifice worth taking 

For what it's worth I wouldn't be sacking manager just yet either have tried thst approach to many times in last 10 years and where exactly has it got us 

Hojlund cost 70 million, youd swear he cost 7. Good strikers were out there for 70 million.

Or perhaps if the manager hadnt wanted to waste 60 million on 'number one target' Mason f*cking Mount, he could have tried for McAllister for 35 and gotten Kane for 100.

The manager has had full control of recruitment and made the squad worse.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 7:57am
How much warning did Ferguson give them.  Very little I suspect.  Pep too the Munich job that year and Jose returned to Chelsea.  I suspect that Utd were not succession planning and the power was all with Ferguson.  
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 8:20am
Don Ferguson anointed his pal Moyes. He had so much control it was up to him. 

Utd are just so desperate always chasing the next hit be it a new manager or a new transfer that they are hoping will give them the hit and hoping it sticks and brings them back to the top.
It does remind me very much of Liverpool from the 90s until when Klopp came in. You get some hits but ultimately not the winning formula that made you a force to be reckoned with in England and Europe.

Like another poster said, I do think you got to get rid of Ten Hag and try again. Ten Hag can't have too many complaints either as he was given the money to spend but spent it on players that were no better than what they had.

Obviously there is more wrong than just the manager at the club but it's now rotten with the manager and to save the season and try to build then I think they need to change. Funny thing is, I'm not sure the likes of De Zerbi would even take the job now. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 13 Dec 2023 at 8:22am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 8:31am
Fans would be more willing to give Ten Hag time if his signings hadn’t turned out to be such a disaster. He’s wasted big money on players, and yet he’s spent most of the season so far depending on 2 players he tried to ship out to West Ham.

The changes that Emery and Postecoglu have made and the styles they have managed to implement in a short space of time is another indictment on Ten Hag’s time at United.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The rot started the minute they appointed Moyes.   In hindsight who should they have gotten back in 2013?

Guardiola or Klopp
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 10:32am
Its the same mediocre players failing for every manager - Dalot, Lindelof, Maguire, McTominay, Martial
No apparent plan or style of play. 

It was amazing last night how positive the pundits were at half time because they weren't losing and had created 1 or 2 at best half chances. Would remind you of if Celtic were drawing with a big club at home in Europe. 
Then you think of how they celebrated at Copenhagen missing a last minute penalty, it was as if they'd just won a semi final of the competition. 
Some decline in all round attitude 

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 10:48am

Its the same mediocre players failing for every manager - Dalot, Lindelof, Maguire, McTominay, Martial

It was amazing last night how positive the pundits were at half time because they weren't losing and had created 1 or 2 at best half chances. Would remind you of if Celtic were drawing with a big club at home in Europe. 
Then you think of how they celebrated at Copenhagen missing a last minute penalty, it was as if they'd just won a semi final of the competition. 

McTominay should not be on that list. Hes a fine player and has the potential to get better IMO.
I love beer gardens
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 10:56am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

McTominay should not be on that list. Hes a fine player and has the potential to get better IMO.
He's 27.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 11:16am
McTominay has probably been one of the stand out players for them
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 11:17am

Disagree, his goals mask over how poor a footballer he is
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 11:25am
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Hojlund cost 70 million, youd swear he cost 7. Good strikers were out there for 70 million.

Or perhaps if the manager hadnt wanted to waste 60 million on 'number one target' Mason f*cking Mount, he could have tried for McAllister for 35 and gotten Kane for 100.

The last line is debatable.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 11:42am

Disagree, his goals mask over how poor a footballer he is
Totally agree
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Let’s not pretend MacAllister had been a good signing for Liverpool! He’s not a top player so doubt he would make much difference. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 5:06pm

Mental take LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17651766176717681769 1771>
  Share Topic