You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poppies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 3:58pm
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not to you Athlone, just in general about this story.

I think somehow both FIFA and the English FA/government have all come out of this looking ridiculously childish!

What a pointless, silly and immature little argument, all just trying to prove they have muscle!

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 3:49pm
The argument put forward by Sky Sports news, The house of commons and Prince Harry that poppies arent political is ridiculous. When England play Spain there will be armed forces all around the ground. This is not political ?

England had no problem til now with this reasonable rule that no politics, religion or any other type of agenda be brought into Sport. Its a fair rule.
In the eyes of the British they have done no wrong, and these soldiers fought  for the freedom that they enjoy today. They did in my arse. Most of their fighting was attacking other nations and not defending themselves. Regardless of this argument , many Irish and British decent men died and deserve to be remembered. How many of the great British public will attend ceremonies, masses, visit graves this week,? (although its going on a month now). What we are about to see now is Poppies everywhere. In all the boozers, on all the t shirts, babies tatoos, songs on the terraces. 

But the rule is there for a reason. NO POLITICAL JESTURES.
How many European countries have been at war with each other in very recent times. Tensions still remain high between various countries. The rule has been changed now for England. Does this mean Slovakia can have some' non political' symbol on their shirt. Something to remember their dead. Something that othet countries might get very irate about very quickly.
Or what about some Muslim fundamentalist countries ? Wonder what theyd like on their shirts ?
What bout a symbol for all those killed by Gadaffi ? These poor souls should be remembered ??

So anyway, Easter Lillies it is instead of 3 logo

Edited by athlonecelt - 09 Nov 2011 at 3:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
  Share Topic