Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 970971972973974 1459>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 9:07pm
A bizarre situation, but I think Matip was struggling with the same ankle injury he had when Liverpool signed him any way so he probably wouldn't have been involved in the past couple of games. They really need him back though, they are a different back line with him it.

Agree that situations like this will only widen the rift between clubs and countries, if it can get any wider, and that does nothing positive for international football.
Sponsored Links

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 1:05am
We should call up Stephen Ire............................... ah, never mind. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I'm quite confident we can beat all of Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal at home. 

It's away games against the likes of West Ham, Stoke and West Bromwich Albion I'm worried about. 

Chelsea are better at hoovering up the "easy" points but I think the top teams could damage them.

Chelsea have Liverpool away on Jan 31st and Arsenal at home on February 4th. 

Win those games and they'll win the league but I think there's a reasonable chance they'll lose both.

So you are confident Liverpool will beat Arsenal at home but there is a reasonable chance that Chelsea will lose to them at home.
We've already beaten Arsenal away from home, scoring four goals in the process.

We then beat Chelsea away and played them off the pitch in the process. 

Arsenal absolutely destroyed Chelsea at Highbury. 

Go figure.

greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 10:10am

It's away games against the likes of West Ham, Stoke and West Bromwich Albion I'm worried about. 

Chelsea are better at hoovering up the "easy" points but I think the top teams could damage them.

Win those games and they'll win the league but I think there's a reasonable chance they'll lose both.

So you are confident Liverpool will beat Arsenal at home but there is a reasonable chance that Chelsea will lose to them at home.

Go figure.

You dangling a line there sid......

Edited by greenlad - 18 Jan 2017 at 10:11am
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 10:21am
Klavan chickened out of a 50-50 on Sunday. Was poor, you don't expect that of a centre half
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 10:43am
I feel lovren is playing better on the right side of the 2 centre backs, he looks more comfortable and confident there.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:18am
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Go figure.

You dangling a line there sid......
No line at all. 

I think Liverpool will batter Chelsea on January 31st.

Chelsea then take on Arsenal on February 4th in an early kick-off. 

Arsenal have an easy home game against Watford, who have been dire lately, on January 31st, whereas Chelsea will still be licking their wounds from the Liverpool game by the time they take on Arsenal. 

For once I think the fixtures work against Chelsea (about time too). 

Liverpool v Arsenal is in early March and with Arsenal in the middle of their European tie with Bayern Munich at that time I think Liverpool will have enough for them - I'd always be confident Liverpool would beat Arsenal at Anfield when it matters - a view that's informed by history, going right back to when we stuffed them 4-0 in the final game the 1988/89 season.

heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:52am
CryLOL
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
kopkid View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kopkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 1:19pm
Matip didn't travel to Plymouth apparently, this situation is a serious pain in the hole
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by kopkid kopkid wrote:

Matip didn't travel to Plymouth apparently, this situation is a serious pain in the hole
it's proper order. If not enforced it will leave international from lesser developed nations particularly susceptible to coercion by powerful clubs
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 1:33pm
He retired from International football 18 months before signing for LFC. An example is being made out of the wrong player, if that's what's happening.

I suspect this is plain vindictiveness from Cameroon.

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 1:39pm
Very strange that this situation has not been long resolved. Who is it benefitting at this point? Any slim change there was of Matip ever returning to play for his country is surely out the window now while the whole charade must be an unwelcome distraction to the Cameroon squad at the ACON. The negative impact on his club is obvious. Just seems like every stakeholder is losing at the moment whilst the only winners are the other clubs in contention at the top of the PL.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

it's proper order. If not enforced it will leave international from lesser developed nations particularly susceptible to coercion by powerful clubs
But he's retired! Confused
Some people just deserve a slap
HelloBarry View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelloBarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

If he really was officially retired then what's the confusion about? Confused
Quit while you are ahead.
All the best gamblers do.

http://blog.sbobet.com/tips
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by HelloBarry HelloBarry wrote:

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

If he really was officially retired then what's the confusion about? Confused

Exactly - He should be playing tonight, simple as that.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 2:26pm
Fifa are going to rule on it this Friday. They're hardly playing the Champions League final tonight, it's away to Plymouth ffs LOL
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Fifa are going to rule on it this Friday. They're hardly playing the Champions League final tonight, it's away to Plymouth ffs LOL

He also wasn't played on Sunday over this. 

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 3:00pm

Speaking of retirement.

Liverpool's best player this Century, Xabi Alonso is hanging up the boots at the end of the season.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 970971972973974 1459>
  Share Topic