You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 155>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 2:22pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 2:34pm
What is the name we should be looking out for?
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 2:41pm
Would like to see Ronnie Baxter back and Peter Manley.

As what PM said what name are looking for - can send it via pm if want too
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 2:41pm
Be tough to get through that. Can't believe that 'one dart' Manley is still knocking about. Some top players from years gone by in the Qualifying school.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

Ive been at the Dublin premier league and thought it was a great night out. Obviously a few clowns in a crowd of 10,000 but if you want small crowds, go to BDO events.
I bet you were dressed in your best smart casual gear and chanted "Fabrice Muamba (innit)" with the rest of the Sky Sports News (or "the news" as you call it)-watching brigade before puking all over yourself.

Weren't you?

Didn't you?
No I didn't know the words. I did the Poznan though, great memories. Roll on the 6th of April at a sold out 3 Arena.
There were only two words. Your cognitive skills need brushing up on.

When are the BDO stars coming to Ireland Sid?

Every Tuesday and Thursday night in your local pub.
Which is the outstanding strength of the BDO. 

Being able to see Wolfie play in Rigby's in Market Deeping on a Tuesday night is just like being able to wander up to Parnell Park on a Wednesday night and see the great Diarmuid Connolly in action in a club match.

The BDO is very much like the GAA in that regard - it's both an outstanding grass roots community organisation and a world class sporting organisation.

The fact that some posters denigrate the best darts players in the world for remaining involved with the grass roots of the game sums up their poisonous, far-right neo-liberal attitude which is destroying community and society. 

We in the BDO stand against that. 

Most of the BDO top boys don't play county darts anymore. Wolfie, etc would take a fair whack of money for an exhibition though.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 3:48pm
Martin Adams and Dennis Harbour both still play for Cambridgeshire in the Superleague.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

I would like to wish our very own Daboi89 the very best of luck in the upcoming PDC Tour School.

Hon the Bulldozer!Clap
Going to Wigan to support the Bulldozer and watch Scott Hogan destroy the Latics...What a day it will be for Irish sport!Clap
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

I would like to wish our very own Daboi89 the very best of luck in the upcoming PDC Tour School.

Hon the Bulldozer!Clap
Going to Wigan to support the Bulldozer and watch Scott Hogan destroy the Latics...What a day it will be for Irish sport!Clap

Throw a few updates on here as I doubt he'll be updating his facebook !
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 11:41pm

Whats that?

Any proper sources?

You can clearly see in that picture that the wires are much thinner on the PDC/Unicorn boards, hence the slightly larger beds. Thinner wires = less bounce outs. Even the actual dart boards on the PDC are of a higher standard than the BDO
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 12:52am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Whats that?

Any proper sources?

You can clearly see in that picture that the wires are much thinner on the PDC/Unicorn boards, hence the slightly larger beds. Thinner wires = less bounce outs. Even the actual dart boards on the PDC are of a higher standard than the BDO
I hate to break this to you, mate, but:
Larger beds = lower standard.

By your rationale, a kids' snooker table with massive pockets is of a higher standard than than the full size tables with tight pockets that are used at the Crucible.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 1:12am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Hon the Bulldozer!Clap

Throw a few updates on here as I doubt he'll be updating his facebook !
Thumbs Up
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:24am

Whats that?

Any proper sources?

By your rationale, a kids' snooker table with massive pockets is of a higher standard than than the full size tables with tight pockets that are used at the Crucible.
I hate to break it to you Sid but the board used at Lakeside this year was Winmau blade 5 which has larger treble areas than the Unicorn boars used at Ally Pally. Not the Winmau blade 4 which you have in your picture above.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 12:58pm

Whats that?

Any proper sources?

I hate to break it to you Sid but the board used at Lakeside this year was Winmau blade 5 which has larger treble areas than the Unicorn boars used at Ally Pally. Not the Winmau blade 4 which you have in your picture above.
I hate to break it to you pal, but the Unicorn board used by the pdc has treble height of 9.33 mm.

The Winmau Blade 5 has a treble height of 8.79mm.

The diameter of the entire scoring area of the Unicorn board is also a full 1.6 cm more than the Winmau. 

That's a considerable difference, I'm sure you'll agree.

Edited by sid waddell - 18 Jan 2017 at 12:58pm
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 2:54pm

Whats that?

Any proper sources?

I hate to break it to you pal, but the Unicorn board used by the pdc has treble height of 9.33 mm.

The Winmau Blade 5 has a treble height of 8.79mm.

The diameter of the entire scoring area of the Unicorn board is also a full 1.6 cm more than the Winmau. 

That's a considerable difference, I'm sure you'll agree.
Where is the pic of the Winmau blade 5 Sid?LOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 2:58pm
An update on The Bulldozer - Was beaten 5-3 yesterday, reckoned he just couldn't hit his doubles. Beaten 5-2 today by a lad he said was class. He goes again tomorrow. Said it is mad playing alongside so many well known names and the level of competition there is something else.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 11:29am
Seen him win a match yesterday 5-3...Nerves of steel at the end!...Lost next round unfortunately
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 10:08pm
Phil Taylor saying tonight that he plans to retire after the world championships this year
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Phil Taylor saying tonight that he plans to retire after the world championships this year
So he's retiring immediately?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 155>
  Share Topic