You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finn Azaz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 11:20am

He looks a fine prospect but it’s a bit early for his inclusion. We’ve seen Scully and Curtis look really good in L1 in the recent past. 
Azaz is a good age profile so hopefully he continues to develop.
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 3:16pm
Call him up Trap!
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 3:18pm
Another from Finn, screamer apparently!
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Another from Finn, screamer apparently!

With the weaker foot too I think.

https://twitter.com/mattgl/status/1583825863379849216
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 3:51pm
*Daryl Horgan gets the nod.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 3:53pm
Yeah think this lad needs to be called up for the upcoming friendlies. Simple swap for Hourihane. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Yeah think this lad needs to be called up for the upcoming friendlies. Simple swap for Hourihane. 
I agree, surely that's what friendlies are for. 45 minutes against the Maltese to have a look at him and introduce him to the squad.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 4:56pm
This lad not more of a forward winger type? Why would it be a straight swap with Hourihane?

I think Kenny has a soft spot and loyalty towards Hourihane which will keep him in squads, plus he's playing week in week out afaik for Derby. 

Edited by irishmufc - 22 Oct 2022 at 4:57pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 5:00pm
Azaz is an attacking central midfielder. Hourihane was dropped to the bench for Derby last night. Also Hourihane has been consistently useless for Ireland. No harm at all to take a look at the likes of Smallbone and Azaz in the friendlies.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Azaz is an attacking central midfielder. Hourihane was dropped to the bench for Derby last night. Also Hourihane has been consistently useless for Ireland. No harm at all to take a look at the likes of Smallbone and Azaz in the friendlies.

Ah Hourihane has been injured in fairness. Their manager said he wasn't fit enough to start.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

This lad not more of a forward winger type? Why would it be a straight swap with Hourihane?

I think Kenny has a soft spot and loyalty towards Hourihane which will keep him in squads, plus he's playing week in week out afaik for Derby. 

As YTM said he's an attacking central midfielder. Plymouth play 3-4-2-1 so as one of the two attacking midfielders supporting the CF he'll often drift out wide looking for the ball.

Newport County did play him on the wing a few times but majority of his games were in central positions.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 2:37pm

I don't think Kenny is overly loyal to Hourihane. We've just been bereft of options in CM & Hourihane had been playing for top Championship sides in Swansea & Sheff Utd, which is more than most of our CMs could say at the time.

The fact Kenny hasn't given Hourihane a competitive start since November 2020 (Bulgaria) I think shows where Kenny sees him.
And now he's 32 in League One, being outperformed by Azaz, Smallbone playing regularly a level higher, Kilkenny in the mix in the Championship when he gets fit, Hodge getting PL minutes, Coventry will look for a Championship loan in January.
We have a lot more options now than over the last few years.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

I don't think Kenny is overly loyal to Hourihane. We've just been bereft of options in CM & Hourihane had been playing for top Championship sides in Swansea & Sheff Utd, which is more than most of our CMs could say at the time.

The fact Kenny hasn't given Hourihane a competitive start since November 2020 (Bulgaria) I think shows where Kenny sees him.
And now he's 32 in League One, being outperformed by Azaz, Smallbone playing regularly a level higher, Kilkenny in the mix in the Championship when he gets fit, Hodge getting PL minutes, Coventry will look for a Championship loan in January.
We have a lot more options now than over the last few years.

In fairness to Kenny, Smallbone has been average enough at Championship level and flits in and out of games at U21 (sound familiar?), Coventry was poor at Championship level and blotted his copybook with a poor performance against Viborg, and Kilkenny hasn't been playing with any degree of regularity.

Azaz and Hodge have literally just come on the scene. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 3:04pm
Smallbone and Coventry will be called up very soon, excellent for the U-21's on a consistent basis and have both done well at club level. Coventry is the ideal back up to Cullen in the holding role and Smallbone would be good cover for Knight. They deserve their chance. Hodge and Azaz are behind them but making good cases for their inclusion, they both have loads of talent. They're all likely to be important players for us in the not too distant future.

Edited by The O'Shea - 23 Oct 2022 at 3:05pm
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 3:07pm
LOL
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 10:55pm
This guy has looked excellent any time I saw him. The level he is playing has to be taken into account but as it's a position we are short in, it is no harm bringing him in and see how he gets on in training. 

We aren't in a position to wait until players are fully proven at club level. Unfortunately at times we may have to price players at international level to help their club career. 
It's not me it's you:-)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 10:16am
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 7:55am
Will be out of action for about three months with the ankle injury.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
  Share Topic