You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English PL 23/24 season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 49>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 4:14am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Thought Doku was brutal against United. Everything broke down at him

Doku needs a team to play a high line but other than Arsenal Spurs or Liverpool who is going to that against City.   Lad like him just runs into bodies against a team sitting deep.  

I think part of Doku's problem is that he's always standing still when he receives the ball (Rashford does the same). Most PL full backs will be able to handle that. The same was happening with Martinelli before Christmas until he (or Arteta) started to mix up his game plan a bit.

Edited by The Huntacha - 06 Mar 2024 at 4:15am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 6:34pm
If Ramsdale’s Arsenal career was finished already, he’s out the final nail in the coffin himself.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 7:10pm
Alvarez was brutal there, gave away possession time after time. That’s the difference with Grealish in the City team and the rest 
He offers control 

Kovacic for de Bruyne was a good sub. He got a hold of a midfield that was being totally over run. He should have started

It was some collapse from city 1-0 up and playing well to totally losing grip of the game and lucky to hang on. 
Should be beating a team with Kelleher Bradley Quansah and Gomez in their back 5 if you want to win a title IMO

The front 5 could barely string a pass together 

Fair play to Liverpool they came back well and should have won in the end 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 8:09pm
What was the story with Doku penalty incident. Does he get the ball first and then follow through? 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 10:54am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

What was the story with Doku penalty incident. Does he get the ball first and then follow through? 

Was shocked it wasn't given at the time to be honest with you. 

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 11:05am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Anti scouse conspiracy according to twitter 😀
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 1:01pm
It is definitely one of those "anywhere else on the pitch it's a foul".

It was obviously a huge call.

I think it crossed the threshold for a penalty. I don't think you could have called it harsh. It was reckless from Doku so you couldn't have had much complaint. 

Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 1:11pm
I'm delighted that they didn't give it. Mac Allister knew what he was doing. He was trying to initiate contact. He's never playing the ball.

Doku wins the ball first. The ball is there to be cleared.

It also looks a lot worse with freeze frames and slow motion replays.

I'm surprised that they didn't give it though.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 1:18pm
Last week in the Manchester derby Ederson came out and clearly won the ball first against Garnacho, but the follow through made strong contact with the player (or fouled/endangered/clattered) whichever way you want to look at it. 

No one said that should have been a penalty, and I agree that it was the correct decision. Goalkeepers get a bit more leeway also. with these things. 

But its a grey area where sometimes when you win the ball first but follow through they're given and sometimes they aren't
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 1:42pm
It's a peno if you want to be consistent.

Curtis Jones served a 3 game ban when he won the ball but then followed through with a hefty tackle.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Last week in the Manchester derby Ederson came out and clearly won the ball first against Garnacho, but the follow through made strong contact with the player (or fouled/endangered/clattered) whichever way you want to look at it. 

No one said that should have been a penalty, and I agree that it was the correct decision. Goalkeepers get a bit more leeway also. with these things. 

But its a grey area where sometimes when you win the ball first but follow through they're given and sometimes they aren't

I think the Ederson was was a super clean strong sliding challenge on the ground where he clearly got the ball first. 
This one was rather a not very well executed clearance where he followed through and caught the player high. It would never really have been a penalty pre-VAR either but with VAR, that type of challenge you would expect to see a peno called.

I don't think it was that blatent though that you can call out that Liverpool were robbed. Most commentators have basically said the same thing, in this day and age that would normally be a peno especially with VAR. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 11 Mar 2024 at 5:31pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 5:17am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Curtis Jones served a 3 game ban when he won the ball but then followed through with a hefty tackle.

Did Jones' foot not slip on the ball and that's why he ended up following through?

I wouldn't have had an issue if the peno was awarded. But similar to van de Ven's tackle against Watkin's he just about gets enough of the ball to get away with it.
ZacSr View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZacSr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 8:14am

He probably had a ban for over-carding. Even if he didn't do the tackle, he would have gotten a ban for another offense.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 9:56am
It did yeah - he got the ball though and his foot slipped over the ball onto his leg. You can see why it was given, but it's lack of consistency that is the issue. I am sure there are more similar cases too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 9:56am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Did Jones' foot not slip on the ball and that's why he ended up following through?

I wouldn't have had an issue if the peno was awarded. But similar to van de Ven's tackle against Watkin's he just about gets enough of the ball to get away with it.
Getting the ball doesn't give you a free pass to be reckless. 
Not specifically a comment on the incident on Sunday but more correcting a misunderstanding of the rules
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 10:20am
The other big game yesterday really saw Emery bottling it. Playing 5 at the back for the first time this season and Spurs murdered th in the second half.  It was like a boxing match where Spurs wore them down in the first half and then delivered the knock out punches in the second.  Ange got spurs to deliver their best performance of the season when it mattered and having all their players fit makes a difference.  They will now probably lose to Fulham and Luton and West Ham in their next 3 games. 8 goal swing on the GD too.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 10:50am
I thought the fact that Liverpool players didn't really appeal for it on Sunday played a part in the penalty not being given
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I thought the fact that Liverpool players didn't really appeal for it on Sunday played a part in the penalty not being given
It was one of those where if it was given then VAR doesn't overturn it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 49>
  Share Topic