You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English fa cup 2023/2024

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2024 at 9:46pm
The bigger outcry is that I was left alone for the weekend with 3 kids, managed to get them into the car and along to the Manchester St Patrick's parade, only to be told on arrival it had taken place a week ago on police advice because of todays game.
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Lots of “tragedy chanting” today, and a flare thrown by Liverpool fans into the disabled section of United fans 

Let’s hear the outcry….
Didn't see the flare but the disabled section is in front of the away fans so if something was thrown there is a fair chance it landed there which is out of order.
There were thousands singing "Murderers" during the game - It wasn't just one or two.
Held back by the cops for 30 minutes after the game as the natives can't be trusted to let us leave without hassle.  When we did get out there were still lads there happy to chant anti- Hillsborough slurs at us. 

Liverpool got what they deserved from that game which was nothing.

Edited by Borussia - 18 Mar 2024 at 11:53am
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 11:44am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 11:47am
Only seeing Sterling's free kick now LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 11:54am
Tragedy chanting, ffs Embarrassed

The modern football fan is so precious. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Think it was from both sides.....

That happens. And anybody who does that should be banned from going - No ifs, no buts.
It's a lot less frequent now amongst match going Liverpool fans thankfully but there are still one or two.
But I was very surprised at the amount of people getting involved in the "Murderers" chant. 

Edited by Borussia - 18 Mar 2024 at 12:38pm
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 1:26pm
I saw that Klopp interview. He has some temper on him. Looked like he would've given him a box if there wasn't a camera there.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 1:26pm
Garnacho and Mainoo were brilliant yesterday

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

I saw that Klopp interview. He has some temper on him. Looked like he would've given him a box if there wasn't a camera there.

He’s an amateur 

El Puto Amo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 2:23pm

Link?
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Link?

I saw slightly longer clip on Mirror website but can't find it anymore.

Klopp was in a wretched mood. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 4:46pm
Would love to see Coventry get to the final now. Semi finals shouldn't be at Wembley tho. Spoils the prestige for a final. 
I love beer gardens
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Would love to see Coventry get to the final now. Semi finals shouldn't be at Wembley tho. Spoils the prestige for a final. 

All about money staging them at Wembley. Completely ruins it.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

I think it'd prefer it the old way too but I think that's just because that was the tradition for us growing up that the only the final was at Wembley. 
When you look at things like World Cup or Euro's, similar happens that the main stadium is used for not only the final but other games too. Doesn't take away from the final.

I'd say 20 year olds and younger today would probably be like "I love it when it gets to the Semi's and the games move to Wembley" and if it went back to Old Trafford and Villa Park then they'd be saying that it's stupid.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 9:02am
The old Wembley was magical.

Fa Cup final coverage starting at 9am or something. Sun always shining and always a great spectacle.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

So true reeks of money making.

Feck the fans as usual. 

Edited by Double Maxim - 19 Mar 2024 at 9:03am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 10:25am

United are a poor team most of the time. Even for large spells of that win on Sunday. But I don't think even they will bottle a semi-final vs Coventry.

It's been an easy cup run for ten Hag outside of Liverpool. Wigan, Newport, Forest, Liverpool and Coventry. He got similar luck during last season's League Cup run. The likes of Charlton in a QF.

I wonder will Ratcliffe give him a new deal. Based on the past 2 seasons, I don't think he deserves it. The football has been pretty dire since winning The League Cup last February. I think they'll give him next season.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 10:45am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The old Wembley was magical.

Fa Cup final coverage starting at 9am or something. Sun always shining and always a great spectacle.

The FA Cup died with the old stadium imo.  Even then it was declining around 97 onwards a bit.

The semi finals should absolutely not be at Wembley.  

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic