You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

England Away - UNL - 17th November 2024

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

If you didn't book straight away flights have gone up a good bit, also match on a Thursday night so will people be taking 3 days off work? 

I hope you haven't booked flights for the 17th of October!!Big smile 

This match is on a sunday!
Here we go again
Sponsored Links

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 2:37pm
That nearly gave me a heart attack. I had to double check my bookings there. I was talking about the Finland game unlikely being oversubscribed being on a Thursday. 

The dark side.. And the light
calbell View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 1:33am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Georgia
Switzerland
Azerbaijan
Armenia
Ukraine
Scotland
Malta
Greece
France
Gibraltar

Last 10 undersubscribed I believe. Portugal, Greece and maybe Finland you would imagine would be undersubscribed also to knock out the top 3 on the list by the time England comes round.

I eoujd think Finland might  be oversubscribed- smallish allocation , new city for most  not a friendly game 

Does a game being a friendly or not tend to make that much of difference? 
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by Mr_T Mr_T wrote:

Belfast to Heathrow flights sorted Sat - Mon. Get some lower league footie in too on the Sat

Who did you get the flights with?  I don't see any flights released yet on any of the main carriers.
Yep British Airways

Ah, never think of checking them!
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 8:26pm

Belfast to Heathrow flights sorted Sat - Mon. Get some lower league footie in too on the Sat

Who did you get the flights with?  I don't see any flights released yet on any of the main carriers.
Yep British Airways

BA actually the cheapest out of Dublin as well 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 10:14pm
Who ever thought British Airways to Heathrow would 1 day be cheaper than Ryanair to Stansted or Luton? ShockedLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Yep British Airways

BA actually the cheapest out of Dublin as well 
They'll take good care of you...ps one for the oldies

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 06 Mar 2024 at 11:11pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 6:16am
Careful with booking flights in on the day for this. I understand the cops are looking to bring kick off forward to an afternoon kick off and have requested same through UEFA.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 6:55am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Careful with booking flights in on the day for this. I understand the cops are looking to bring kick off forward to an afternoon kick off and have requested same through UEFA.
Source?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 7:33am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Source?
A well placed one!
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 8:18am

Planning to fly over the day of the game and have been planning to book the first flight of the morning usually around 7am for this exact reason even if they play the game at 12 or 3 will still make it comfortably (assuming no airport delays)

Edited by ringerbell - 07 Mar 2024 at 8:19am
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 9:02am

Source?
A well placed one!

Willy Sagnol. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Source?
A well placed one!

Willy Sagnol. 
You can't argue against a well placed Willy!
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 12:04pm
I wonder what areas the Irish fans will be meeting up, such a massive city. Presume we'll be well spread out.

Booked from Saturday - Monday, accommodation only €100 each smack bang in Westminster. The flight over was only €44 with BA at 9am on the Saturday. 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 12:12pm
Look I know last time we all based ourselves around Hennessy's in Kingsbury, unfortunately Hennessy's is no more but still a good area to base yourself for a day's drinking with only a stop or two on the underground to Wembley and there's Rosin Dubh, A Weatherspoons and an Aldi for cans on the street.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 12:18pm

Source?
A well placed one!
Same fella Gerk gets his info from?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Look I know last time we all based ourselves around Hennessy's in Kingsbury, unfortunately Hennessy's is no more but still a good area to base yourself for a day's drinking with only a stop or two on the underground to Wembley and there's Rosin Dubh, A Weatherspoons and an Aldi for cans on the street.
London is not how it used to be in terms of there being a lot of "Irish" areas in North and North West London but there are still plenty of Irish bars in the areas close to Wembley so I imagine most will be spread out amongst those or be having pints in central London before hopping on the tube. 
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

That was brilliant craic 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic