You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2026 World Cup USA/Canada/Mexico

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 10:49am
Pity Chicago pulled out, it's an amazing city. 

Just reading on Toronto and they're using BMO Field... great location but they'll need to do a lot of work on it to get it up to scratch. I sort of assumed they'd have used the Rogers Centre to be honest but anyway. 

Toronto as a host city should be absolutely buzzing, the amount of immigrants from all over means it's mad during World Cups. I was there during 2014 and whole streets were shut down when Brazil, Portugal, Italy, Mexico were playing. There's a huge Polish community there too
Sponsored Links

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 11:40am
This tournament will cost a pretty penny to follow your team. 

What are the chances of a lunatic mass shooter trying to make a name for himself as well? 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

What are the chances of a lunatic mass shooter trying to make a name for himself as well? 
Has never happened at any large US sporting event that I can remember. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Though there was that bombing at the Atlanta Olympics in 96.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Though there was that bombing at the Atlanta Olympics in 96.

Boston marathon 

Vegas shooting 

That’s it I ain’t going Smile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 12:31pm
Had forgotten about the Boston marathon.
Vegas shooting was at a music festival. 

There was a lot of this talk before France in 2016 and nothing happened!

Anybody know the pickpocket situation in Toronto?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 1:09pm

Nice boulevard 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Nice boulevard 

I think that was the week after the tournament finished. 
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 1:43pm

Your average lunatic mass shooter won't have a clue the World Cup is on. 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

For me I would have liked Orlando to host again if only for the nostalgia and its a city I'm quite familiar with.
Glad its not in Orlando.

Joke last time, had sunburn scars on my knees for weeks.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I dont care as long as Diana Ross does the opening ceremony.  Baggio can take the penalty this time.
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 3:16pm
Will 3 of the last 8 aways get me tickets?
PaulYK View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulYK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 3:24pm
Vancouver is a great city, especially in the summer. Hotel prices though are really expensive, particularly in the summer, I can only imagine how expensive they will be. Edmonton would have been far more affordable, though not as nice a city.  
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by PaulYK PaulYK wrote:

Vancouver is a great city, especially in the summer. Hotel prices though are really expensive, particularly in the summer, I can only imagine how expensive they will be. Edmonton would have been far more affordable, though not as nice a city.  

Premier of Alberta said wanted 5 of the 10 games being given to Canada to be in Edmonton and wanted two knock out games. Shot himself in the foot.

PaulYK View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulYK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by PaulYK PaulYK wrote:

Premier of Alberta said wanted 5 of the 10 games being given to Canada to be in Edmonton and wanted two knock out games. Shot himself in the foot.

I agree, that was definitely a mistake, though I think Toronto and Vancouver, being bigger, were likely to be preferred anyway. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Just reading on Toronto and they're using BMO Field... great location but they'll need to do a lot of work on it to get it up to scratch. I sort of assumed they'd have used the Rogers Centre to be honest but anyway. 

Toronto as a host city should be absolutely buzzing, the amount of immigrants from all over means it's mad during World Cups. I was there during 2014 and whole streets were shut down when Brazil, Portugal, Italy, Mexico were playing. There's a huge Polish community there too

Yeah it's a pretty small stadium. It's got plenty of space around it so they should be able to bump up the capacity it's 28,000 now. Not sure what the rules are on capacity for WC stadiums but it even if it was 500,000 it would still sell out. 

The stadium is very close to me but I doubt I'll still be here in 2026 
It would damage this forums' reputation
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Yeah it's a pretty small stadium. It's got plenty of space around it so they should be able to bump up the capacity it's 28,000 now. Not sure what the rules are on capacity for WC stadiums but it even if it was 500,000 it would still sell out. 

The stadium is very close to me but I doubt I'll still be here in 2026 

Think it's minimum 40k but not 100%. 
seiphil View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seiphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 6:26pm

Had forgotten about the Boston marathon.
Vegas shooting was at a music festival. 

Anybody know the pickpocket situation in Toronto?

I have lived here for a few years and it's never been an issue that I have ever heard of. Toronto is a very safe city. Plenty of crazies walking about but rarely any trouble when going about the city.

BMO field is looking to upgrade and add another 18'000 seats. Its a nice enough stadium as it is and around it there is plenty of space for pre-game atmosphere.

Be brilliant if we managed to get through and play here. Massive Irish contingent here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic